• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center Console Face Ideas

Utah02

is your face fitted to a long or short console....do you have any pics of it in the car...reason i ask, it looks wider than the original and i'm curious how it fits if you're running a long console with a shift surround

It's a long console. That board is very close to the factory size. I'll get some pictures of it in the car

EDIT: Here are some pictures of it in the car

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

Edited by roadhog0

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

It's a long console. That board is very close to the factory size. I'll get some pictures of it in the car

i hate being a pest but when you have some free time and the inclination, would you mind sending me the length (top to bottom), the width across the top of the face and the width across the bottom...i dug out an original i have and it doesn't have as much space on each side of the radio as yours

i hate being a pest but when you have some free time and the inclination, would you mind sending me the length (top to bottom), the width across the top of the face and the width across the bottom...i dug out an original i have and it doesn't have as much space on each side of the radio as yours

Not a problem at all Esty. Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if I bowed mine out a little at the top. But I get 8.5" at the top, 7.5" at the bottom and 11" tall.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

74821a69612818596b35e6bd6706ad5d.jpg

I used a later model insert which fit well and looks nice IMO. I'm going to add a clock in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one looks very sharp. Any details on the 'later model' and what you did to make it fit/ be secure?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

thanks a bunch

I'm in the process of building mine (along with the rest of my 2002). I have the long console, I did 8 1/2" at top and 7 1/4" at the bottom. It's 10 1/2" tall because I plan on curving it to match the sides (and lining it up with end of shifter base).

I think if I go any wider than 7 1/4" at the bottom it would leave cracks between the shifter base and the vinyl sides.

It's still a work in progress. (I haven't even opened the box of carpet I bought from you :P)

Radio

3 VDO Gauges

wideband, switch to turn wideband display off, aux fan switch, hazard.

post-46694-0-22014700-1433424363_thumb.j

Edited by MildSeven

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

I'm in the process of building mine (along with the rest of my 2002). I have the long console, I did 8 1/2" at top and 7 1/4" at the bottom. It's 10 1/2" tall because I plan on curving it to match the sides (and lining it up with end of shifter base).

I think if I go any wider than 7 1/4" at the bottom it would leave cracks between the shifter base and the vinyl sides.

that's the problem i've had when trying to widen the face panel...it creates an ugly gap at the bottom where the shift surround connects to the console side panels ...making it wider at the top also distorts the fit causing the same bottom gaps because the side panels aren't flexible and won't conform

that's the problem i've had when trying to widen the face panel...it creates an ugly gap at the bottom where the shift surround connects to the console side panels ...making it wider at the top also distorts the fit causing the same bottom gaps because the side panels aren't flexible and won't conform

sorry, I did, 8" at top and 7 1/8" at bottom. The one the previous owner had made was 7 1/2"

Edited by MildSeven

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

Mine is completely unorthodox and no where near stock but, I wanted to share.  I Had a challenge finding senders.  Still waiting for the M12 x 1.5 water temp from Jegs. I deleted the square shifter console.  Used an OEM shift boot. Found a rubber PVC coupler, inserted it in the round opening in the Esty (plug)  carpet and secured the boot.  Aircraft mag compass, 8 day clock, cockpit light with red toggle, blue toggle for driving lights and a 1986 plaque for Oktoberfest.

post-5-0-96662800-1433989840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Koblenz