• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where she Be?

davidboco

Hi I'm wondering what happened to a 02 I brought to the States in '06. it was a '75 2002 Schwarz Lux with very low KM from Italy. I sold it to New England Aston Martin in '10. I'd be happy to answer any questions the new owner may have about it, but mostly just wonder where it ended up.

Thanks

David

davidmohseni@ymail.com

Edited by davidboco

David,

I haven't found the thread yet, but besides the New England Aston Martin listing, there were some photos on the forum of what I gather was your former car at Korman Autoworks in Greensboro, NC. Beautiful car!

Regards,

Steve

EDIT: Here's the thread. Check especially Post #28 and following to see if your car is pictured. Let us know. Korman generally draws projects/work from the Southeast U.S., but not always!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/137646-schwartz/?hl=+schwarz%20+1975%20+korman

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Steve - yes that is it as pictured in post #28, sans Italian plates. I wonder where it is. I'll have to dig up pictures that I have. If the new owner has questions I can help fill in the missing facts. It is indeed a rare schwarz series 2002 - not a Lux model.

It's a thrill to see it again!

Thanks for your help

Since the new owner hasn't come forward on this forum, even when photos of his/her car were posted, I'd say that he/she is probably not a forum member.

And since neither the Lux models nor the Schwarz Series were ever available in the U.S., most of the U.S. members of this forum -- certainly me included -- don't understand the fairly subtle differences between the two! We'd love to hear more about it. A popular 2002 VIN decoder we use, from the 2002 Club of Columbia, gives a production date range of March to June '75.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

I remember when it was on Ebay. I see they used the same pics on the BaT article..  I had grabbed these photos for reference when doing a bumper conversion.  IIRC, wasn't there some conversation about the guy having resprayed it?

f5c2aa5d.jpg

efd5f086.jpg

Edited by eurotrash

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

There was indeed.

There's a pic on BaT showing the VIN plate also, but not high enough resolution to decipher.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Since the new owner hasn't come forward on this forum, even when photos of his/her car were posted, I'd say that he/she is probably not a forum member.

It seems a little early to jump to this conclusion.  Not every member is checking in (all day) every day, like some of us.   ;)

( my name is Tom and I am a FAQaholic... ).

It seems a little early to jump to this conclusion. Not every member is checking in (all day) every day, like some of us. ;)

( my name is Tom and I am a FAQaholic... )

Hey, Tom!

The "new owner" I'm referring to is the person who purchased the car from New England Aston Martin, probably two years or more ago. So he/she has had a fair amount of time to "check in" without being a FAQaholic!

Regards,

Steve

Hey, Tom!

The "new owner" I'm referring to is the person who purchased the car from New England Aston Martin, probably two years or more ago. So he/she has had a fair amount of time to "check in" without being a FAQaholic!

Regards,

Steve

I believe he is saying they have not checked in since this thread started.

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

I believe he is saying they have not checked in since this thread started.

Not exactly: the full reference is to an old thread I linked to regarding Schwarz cars. In February 2013, photos of the "subject" Schwarz series car were posted into this old thread. The car was photographed at Korman and had already been sold by New England Aston Martin and was thus getting some service while in the hands of the "new owner". I repeat: the photos were posted here in February 2013 and PRE-date February 2013, perhaps by months or years. So today, April 3, 2015 AT LEAST 2 years, 2 months have transpired since the "new owner's" acquisition. And it may be much longer than that: I DON'T KNOW when the car was sold other than MORE THAN 2 years and 2 months ago. Since AT LEAST 2 years and 2 months have elapsed without a "check-in" by the "new owner," I felt comfortable saying he/she "has not checked in yet"!

Regards,

Steve