• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upside Down .....

Dumb kid... I guess there's about to be an influx of nice used 02 parts soon...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Important to know your and the cars' limits. Painful video to watch as it's rolled back over.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Wonder what happened. How does a car flip over and stay on the inside of the turn?

My condolences.

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

He's on the board and has renewed the car.

We all make mistakes.

Can't agree more. I've done em too. Except it's me and ditches... But I was being a dumb kid.  <_<

1124101251.jpg

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I think the point missed is that the roof of a 40yr old car didn't cave in and kill that kid.

71 BMW 2002 "Von Eiff" gone baby gone

73 BMW 2002 " Mingus "

04 BMW X5

75 Triumph Tr6

00 CLK 430 Conv

Honda Elite Scooter

Vespa Ciao

It was nice to see that, when upside-down, the A pillars did not collapse.  I've been told they will support a roll-over but never wanted to find out the hard way.

And Toby is right - never lift.  Having spun out way too many times is my various 356A Porsches (thankfully, almost always on race tracks) I can attest to the fact that when you get into a corner a little too fast your only prayer (at least the only one that works) is to push down on the loud pedal.  Lift, or worse yet,  instinctively get on the brakes, and it's all over but the screaming and hollering.

Bob Napier

Edited by Napes

It was nice to see that, when upside-down, the A pillars did not collapse.  I've been told they will support a roll-over but never wanted to find out the hard way.

And Toby is right - never lift.  Having spun out way too many times is my various 356A Porsches (thankfully, almost always on race tracks) I can attest to the fact that when you get into a corner a little too fast your only prayer (at least the only one that works) is to push down on the loud pedal.  Lift, or worse yet,  instinctively get on the brakes, and it's all over but the screaming and hollering.

Bob Napier

I raced a Mini (the original) a few times.  It under-steered so badly that the only way to make it turn in some corners was to lift.

Still a lot of fun. 

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

You'd think with all the people hanging around that at least a few would help the car roll back over a bit more gently. :(

That was painful to watch.  I imagine the tow truck driver would have told everyone to stay clear, and wouldn't care about any additional damage except to his equipment.