• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wideband O2 Sensor Gauge Mount Pic Request

Cru Jones

Like me!

Anyway at least I'm running closed loop. :D

My dash has no fasten seatbealt cutout and I have not got around to a pod install.

:P

back on topic....for a street car, eurotrash and albone have some cool stealth displays to keep a lower profile.  jgerock's pod mount is a nice inexpensive and easy solution that is also pretty low profile and the analog gauge is more period correct. all good setups.  only bad setup is to put it in the center console where you can't see it.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I used Mark Parker's guage panel you can see here with an Innovate MTX-L gauge.  It comes with both a silver or black face in the box.  I know Marshall's right about it being down low and not so visible but I didn't think it would be that easy to hide all the wires on this thing.  I've also messed up my share of dashboards drilling holes and this one is too perfect to mess up.  Maybe something that takes the place of the seatbelt warning pod without drilling new holes.    

post-39527-0-84161100-1389324592_thumb.j

post-39527-0-08243700-1389324682_thumb.j

post-39527-0-21941000-1389324890_thumb.j

post-39527-0-63262100-1389325202_thumb.j

Edited by mike472

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Hi Guys,

where abouts did you bring the cable through into the car? I have an Innovate set-up and a parker performance face plate for my console which I am tidying up, and will fit it then to the new console face plate when all done, so I would appreciated some ideas on where I can bring it through into the car, mine is a right hand drive though as I am in Sydney Australia.

Cheers

Richard.

If you look at the third picture down in my post the cable comes through the top left side of the passenger footwell. I used the two holes meant for the AC hoses to pass through the firewall. I have the battery cable, megasquirt harness and O2 sensor cables going through along with a ground wire to hook the Innovate gauge ground to the MS ground so they don't have any differential between them. Just enough room through those two holes to pass this mess of wires through.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Thanks Mike, I missed that on my first look, I can do the same but in reverse on mine as this is where the pedal pivot is on right hand drive cars as we don't have the same type of in the floor pedal box. I assume you don't get any moisture ingress from rain etc? Or have you sealed it with some form of silicon? Or bung on the engine side, It looks high enough not to get any splash.

Cheers

Richard.call

Thanks Mike, I missed that on my first look, I can do the same but in reverse on mine as this is where the pedal pivot is on right hand drive cars as we don't have the same type of in the floor pedal box. I assume you don't get any moisture ingress from rain etc? Or have you sealed it with some form of silicon? Or bung on the engine side, It looks high enough not to get any splash.

Cheers

Richard.call

Richard

I took a piece of rubber vacuum tubing and slit it and used it to line the hole through the sheetmetal so as not to cut the wires.  You could add some silicon sealant to really seal the hole but I think it's up high enough where you're not going to get water splashing up there.  The holes in my are so tight with wire that water is not exactly going to splash into the car through there.  I forgot your setup is right hand but you should have the same holes or knock outs for the AC hoses somewhere.  You can see the battery cable in the picture coming from my under seat batteries I installed.  Its up pretty high on the firewall so I don't think your going to get water up there.  That (320i)heavy battery cable pretty much took up one hole.

Mike

post-39527-0-14598500-1389368161_thumb.j

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

In the tii, I used the unused hole in the firewall (passenger side - driver's for your RHD car) since I have A/C.

This hole is just below the horizontal brake pipes - be careful if you poke something thru this opening from the cabin.

pics432010008.jpg

pics432010009.jpg

The 69 appears to have this same opening - I'll probably do the same thing when I install a WB02 sensor.

IMG_7835.jpg

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hi guys, I will have a good look when my car gets back from the repairers, some crazy old lady in a Toyota 4wd had over shot the lights waiting to make a right hand turn, and she decided that she felt a bit exposed in the middle of the junction, so thought "oh let's just reverse up and park on top of that dear little car" which of course she didn't see!!!!

Oh we'll that's what insurance is for, she proceeded to tell me she didn't see me, we'll I guess you don't if you don't look, and then shout at me that there wasn't much damage........ I think the total so far is well in excess of $10k perhaps thats chicken feed to her.

All I could think of is that scene from bad boys 2 with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, when they had trashed a boat and trailer full of cars on the freeway, and the Captain was rubbing his ears in stress relief saying his mantra WHOOOSAARR..... :-)

I will post some pics of my install when I get the car back and install the sensor properly.

Cheers

Richard.

Lhd recess always seemed like a gauge should go there. Fiberglass a nice little pod to fit there and hook it all up. That's the plan for my nitrous pressure gauge, which will hopefully get switched to a boost gauge one day lol

1974 2002 - M20/Getrag 260 swap underway