• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derby Grey With Turbo Flares

eric.

Anyone ever seen, or better yet, have a picture of a square tail light with turbo flairs painted Derby Grey? I'm Trying to decide on a color and I can't decide if its going to look awesome or like a crime against humanity. Any thought or inspirational photos would be greatly appreciated.   

eric.

I'm not positive if this is Bristol or Derby. I know those aren't Turbo flares, they are Datsun flares.  but this might be close enough, except that is a roundie, not a squae light.  Ok, perhaps this picture isn't as helpful as I'd thought it might be!  but you've got it now anyway.

Jon

post-32072-0-90363000-1367806086_thumb.j

Thanks guys. I really like the Anthrazitgrau metallic but I am going for a somewhat retro look, and want it to be a bit unique. I Still cant decide if derby is going to look good. I could just play it safe and go with the Anthrazitgrau metallic. 

Whatever you choose, if it's well done, it will probably look great!

Good luck,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

The guy I took my car too said he could make any color I had a code for. Then when the car was stripped he told me that he could not make derby. I was sooo pissed. So I found the closest thing I could which was a ford under hood grey. It came out great but I don't have the paint code so I can't touch it up. Though this oic was more recent it was painted in about 2000. Anyway I love it-

post-147-13667607394976_thumb.jpg
Edited by peteinjp

That ford engine compartment color is very cool. 

That is my next problem. Where can I get derby paint? It does not aper to be on paint scratch.com. I am going to be painting the engine compartment, trunk and door jams to try to save some money. 

eric.