• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tough phone call to make to the owner after this...

Gordon

Direct Injection

Similar to what a lot of modern sports cars, Porsche, etc. are using now to increase power and also efficiency

1973 2002Tii Agave "Gerta"-----1972 2002Tii Verona project-----------2003 Porsche 911 X51-------2016 FIAT Abarth--------2003 Porsche Boxster----------2005 Honda Element

I love how it says at the end that the car and the garage are insured against this.

If the cops write down it was performing an "exhibition of speed" then you might as well kiss both of those coverages goodbye.

You would have to be an idiot to drive a 300SL at any real speed, especially if it isn't yours. I've driven a ton of 190SLs, and have had the opportunity to sit in a 300SL (we have one at work that is currently undergoing some work). Not really a car I would feel comfortable driving fast... not because it handles particularly poorly (though it does... two words; swing axle... probably the reason they lost control) but mostly because of the cost of the vehicle and it's age. Fantastic around town and to a show, but seriously? if you want to go fast take a joy ride in a new SL... it will do 100mph with ease and you won't destroy the car in the process.

Sigh.... The stupidity... Just because a car will do 100mph doesn't mean you should make it do 100mph...

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...