• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got kicked in the nutz this morning!!

RayC911

Or at least it felt just as painful. This is what I get for going against my own rule about daily driving an 02 in LA. Lady was just not paying attention....is it too early for a drink?

Good news is that trunk, gaps and lights are still good. And i was just thinking about finally doing the Euro lights and shaving the reflectors. The other driver had to tow her 2012 Civic away. The fender pushed right into the tire.

2012-09-21_08-07-14_258_zps467bed76.jpg

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Ray. I have had some very close calls, the most recent being last Sunday on the way to the Dayton Concours d'Elegance. I still have damage to my hood from a Suburban driver who decided that, no, he didn't want to pull onto the main road after all, and backed into me without looking. 2002's are tough, not too much damage actually. Good luck!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

That is terrible, people are too busy in their car to actually drive , it makes me sick !, good luck on the repair , I'll see you at Woodley Park hopefully .

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Sorry to see that happen... Coulda been worse though

Do you by any chance have a 3rd brake light installed?

I need to do that and also fix my horn...

Good luck with the insurance co.

WTB: 1.6L Aft (cyl 3&4) or Set of Side Draft Manifolds - Dellorto parts - Littlejohn BMX

Oh crap Bro, that sucks. PLEASE tell me this did not happen while you were driving through Alhambra!?
In Highland Park at Fig/Ave 51.

No 3rd light but I think it would have made a difference in this time. The sun was just hitting bright and at the back. LED taillights would have been good too. I had an Escalade slowly back into my quarter panel of my 70 Granada in the parking lot last year. I couldn't do sh*t Because my horn was out.

Taking it in to the shop Monday to meet their insurance adjuster. Should be very fixable but you never know. They might total it if they think it's just an old car!!

Thanks everyone, I feel better now that I've had a little cry and a drink smile.gif

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Oh crap Bro, that sucks. PLEASE tell me this did not happen while you were driving through Alhambra!?
In Highland Park at Fig/Ave 51.

No 3rd light but I think it would have made a difference in this time. The sun was just hitting bright and at the back. LED taillights would have been good too. I had an Escalade slowly back into my quarter panel of my 70 Granada in the parking lot last year. I couldn't do sh*t Because my horn was out.

Taking it in to the shop Monday to meet their insurance adjuster. Should be very fixable but you never know. They might total it if they think it's just an old car!!

Thanks everyone, I feel better now that I've had a little cry and a drink smile.gif

Sucka!!!! Bummer, that will be an expensive one to fix I think. Hard to say on whether they will total it (better than 50% chance I would guess). Those H&B wheels sure look sweet.

www.alpinabmw2002.com