• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware!!!: Mehpowered

mike472

I paid this guy through paypal for an intake manifold and he pulled a disappearing act on me. I lost $90 and learned a lesson. I should have looked at the guy's posts. He had all of 20 posts mostly selling stuff. I tried contacting him by email and through the forum but no response. I saw him responding to other guys questioning him about his merchandise but radio silence for me. My first bad experience. Does anyone know this guy? There's always a rotten apple somewhere in the barrel.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bummer, but...

If you paid him through Paypal, youv'e got a really good chance of getting it back. File a complaint with them - their first reaction is to start an investigation, and it may take quite a bit of time, but you may have a really good chance of getting it back via Paypal.

Matt

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I tried to get justice through Paypal. My mistake was I made it a personal payment. There is no recourse when you do it that way. I do it so the guy doesn't have to pay the 3% service fee. Next time I'll pay the 3% and at least I'll know I can get my money back if this happens again. I will be a little more careful in the future. I really should have checked out this guys posts before I bit. I know he looks at the forum. Thats for sure. He's busy seeing if any other fish bit on his ad.

I just hope no one else gets stung by this guy.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Don't call him out on the forum be smart and play it low if you wanna find/confront him in person with the cops then talk to a mod on that e30 forum so you can get his ip adress or where he lives he really deserves a good ass kicking and a couple months in jail i hate people who steal from others please find this idiot and update us on how dumb he felt when he was caught i hope this doesn't happen to me then again i never trust people on line no matter how good their feedback or whatever kind of record they have selling stuff and doing personal payment was also a mistake but he prob. lured you into doing it but you should have seen it coming but still you didn't know it was gonna end up like how it did, i hope this jerk ends up getting caught and begs you not to press charges but you should.

The car that started it all.

Ray,

Thanks. I just looked and it is the same guy. He is in NC. I am in the process of getting my password back on the E30 forum and flaming him there too. I must have registered before but forgot my password. I appreciate you pointing it out to me. I am f*&king mad as hell. At myself for being so trusting, and at this no good bum for ripping me off. I wish I could reach through the screen for this guys throat. F'n leech on society.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Its your lucky day

Email me and take any one of my manifolds except a tii - I have several.

Bryan

I'm from New Brighton but live in Brewster.

NYCHART at Hotmail dot com

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Don't call him out on the forum be smart and play it low if you wanna find/confront him in person with the cops then talk to a mod on that e30 forum so you can get his ip adress or where he lives he really deserves a good ass kicking and a couple months in jail i hate people who steal from others please find this idiot and update us on how dumb he felt when he was caught i hope this doesn't happen to me then again i never trust people on line no matter how good their feedback or whatever kind of record they have selling stuff and doing personal payment was also a mistake but he prob. lured you into doing it but you should have seen it coming but still you didn't know it was gonna end up like how it did, i hope this jerk ends up getting caught and begs you not to press charges but you should.

Great advice. Where would you press charges against the guy? In his town police department? I would think this is some sort of mail fraud which I would think is a federal offense. Point me in the direction and I on this guy. In the meantime I will try to get to the moderator on the E30 forum like you advised to get his IP address.

Thanks. Its nice to know that there is a great bunch of people on here for the most part.

PS... Bryan, It's a 318i manifold I was after. Charge me a nominal amount for it. I don't want it for nothing. Just use my email button. Nice to see another islander on here. I have one other SI compadre here, Lou Liharevic who is also a forum member.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

That's him.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Getting his IP adress would be your best bet so you can find out exactly where he lives and yes filing a report at his local police station would work and you can decide to press charges when he's caught/confronted and if he denies it his IP adress will be proof and will be caught red handed i don't know what type of crime that would fall under but i just wanna here the guys reaction after he's caught that will be priceless i wonder what he will try to use as an excuse, he's definitively looking at some jail time if convicted.

The car that started it all.

Whoa this is out of nowhere. Its sent. Idk why it's not there. If u had a problem u could have emailed me. My email is different than my main main email so if u tried that one that's why I didn't reply. I'm sorry about this and if it isn't there by the end of this week I will gladly refund your money.

Thanks for finally getting back! I have tried contacting you here on the forum and using the email address you used for paypal. When I saw you answer another guys post and seemingly ignored mine I thought the worst. I am happy that you finally did respond. I didn't want to do anything right away but after a week of not hearing from you I assumed you had screwed me. Next time post an email or activate your email button so people can communicate with you to avoid problems like this. My faith in my fellow man is somewhat restored.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318