• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware!!!: Mehpowered

mike472

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funnier still how a person on this board is guilty until he prooves himself to be innocent!

Lots of accusations on this thread and nobody will know whether the problem was intentional or accidental. I'd hate to be around this bunch if they were packing guns.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I agree jim... Sucks that people call them out on the board too. If YOU didnt pay for the over night shipping, then its all you. I once shipped out a part to a member on s14.net... I told him it would arrive maybe wednesday and he emailed me thursday a bit upset... Didnt recieve it till friday but i showed him proof before he made a scene... He was calm and blamed UPS...

Theres so many ways then to put them on blast on the forum... If someone were to do that to me, i would probably never check since im not always on the forums... Hahaha paging ponchis... *cricket cricket*

I agree about the not putting people on blast for no valid reason. And I think we FAQers are a bunch of extremely reasonable & patient group. Just look at the Bob Northrup treads. I don't think Mike came on here with guns blazing. The guy didn't respond to his emails and post request. This tread was reasonable to me. Raidernation may have came in with the lynch-mob-call-the Feds nonsense but he's new so I take it with a grain of salt and not add to his fuel.

I would have reacted the same if ponchis , jim or another other FAQer came in posting the same problem. I don't think any one of use like to see a member getting possibly screwed. Like I said, i don't think the guy was scamming but I still think he just got lazy about the whole thing because he could. Why do you not have instant access to your email that's connected to your paypal. And all of a sudden he replies with a totally new email from the ones he's been using all along in all of his posts. This is all my 0.02 to something I have nothing to do with. So take my post with a grain of salt too, lol.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

I agree with you Ray, as a last case scenario... Totally show the members whos trust worthy or not. Thats why theres a thread for feedback. But asking members personal information about another member??? Really? Ive had different email addys at different times. Ok email the person (check)... Talk to paypal (check)... Reply to the same for sale ad (check?).... Follow his post (check?)... Call him out on a thread where he post (?)... Theres so many variables in this eqaution... I once paid for a part and 2 weeks later i found out this persons relative past away... Who justifies what?

I dont know mehpowered but he follows my blog... No one has ever posted there...

And as for mehpowered... If you havent sent him his part, your laggin it! Haha

Alfonso

I never meant to over-react but I felt I waited a reasonable amount of time(over a week) with no response to any method of communication and finally I had to resort to posting my displeasure here. I did not do this before I attempted to communicate here on the forum in a very nice way. You could look it up.

I also appreciate that some other here feel this is a necessary function on the part of members to keep everybody on the up and up. If you are going to market your wares here at least be on the ball about checking your thread. If you want to be in the business of selling parts you have to think about customer service as if you were a real business. All it takes is good, prompt communication with the customer.

I might also add that I would call out any person who did someone else wrong too(thanks Ray).

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

I never meant to over-react but I felt I waited a reasonable amount of time(over a week) with no response to any method of communication and finally I had to resort to posting my displeasure here. I did not do this before I attempted to communicate here on the forum in a very nice way. You could look it up.

I also appreciate that some other here feel this is a necessary function on the part of members to keep everybody on the up and up. If you are going to market your wares here at least be on the ball about checking your thread. If you want to be in the business of selling parts you have to think about customer service as if you were a real business. All it takes is good, prompt communication with the customer.

I might also add that I would call out any person who did someone else wrong too(thanks Ray).

you did nothing wrong...imo

Honestly, I think a week without a response is enough justification to call a mofo out. I have sold several things on here, bimmerforums, M3forum, e46fanatics, and rennlist and regardless of whether it's $20 or $2000, I tell the buyer when I expect it to ship, what the tracking number is promptly and if there any delays, what I expect them to be. Original poster did the right thing in my opinion.

Mehpowered response seems a bit... meh. Sounds like he was just being lazy and got called out on it. Calling the guy an all out scam artist and crook is probably taking it too far considering he actually got back to him, but still not a cool thing to not respond for a week when money has been exchanged.

How many of us have experienced the following:

- You contact a seller

- Seller is johnny-on-the-spot with emails to get you to trust him enough to buy the seller's item

- Then the item is late

- Then you contact the seller w/ the same email used throughout the sales proces

- Item is still late

- No response after repeated attempts

- Buyer calls out seller

- Seller responds back after the lynch mob is outside the door (figuratively speaking)

Been in OP's situation many o' times. So no, i don't find the OP's response unreasonable. Quite frankly, he handled it well.

I will be the first to admit I have lit someone up on the subaru forums, I bought a turbo WITH turbo and dp flanges off CL, asked the guy for a forum user name to check his credit/feedback before I purchased it.

Everything seemed gravy til I got a box with just the turbo. I emailed the guy a few times with no response for a loooong time like weeks/months. Being a Mod on another forum I knew the best way to get his attention. Went to the forum he provided and blew up all his FS threads. Guess what? Next day I had a tracking number.

It was more the principal of the matter, I would not have purchased the turbo if it did not come with flanges as they are not common flanges and would cost $60 to purchase them. A few weeks -ok I can deal, you are still within the paypal dispute period, anything longer than a month with no response... hold on tight seller.

Also will not send anything more than $25-30 as a gift on paypal.

And don't ship parcel, sent a member here a bunch of brake/heavy stuff and the usps apparently broke the box and lost a ROTOR and a bump stop. I refunded the buyers $ for those parts and it worked out but damn... how do they lose a 10 lb chunk of metal?