• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommend me some cool wheels

323IJOE

E30 Steel Wheels painted silver. Cheap and they look vintage.

E30 14" steel wheels only came on 91 318i sedans in the US market. I had two sets, one came on my 91 318i and the other was on my 91 318i parts car. I sold both sets a few years ago on the FAQ parts forum and went with bottlecaps on the E30 since it's a DD. If you find a 91 318i sedan in the pik-a-part yard, you get a bonus if you score the wheels; the plastic hubcaps make great frisbees.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

A set of wide 13" steels would be cool:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1121951

A lot of the E30 guys are redrilling 16" E38 Style 5s to 4x100. Not sure if you're comfortable going so large but, with the right drop and tires, it could look pretty hot. The ultimate in subtlety.

This year, I elected to go the widened steelie route... With an unsubtle twist:

5821455573_cc6d33ec6f_z.jpg

Michael Smith

A lot of the E30 guys are redrilling 16" E38 Style 5s to 4x100. Not sure if you're comfortable going so large but, with the right drop and tires, it could look pretty hot. The ultimate in subtlety.

So funny you said that, I am a E30 guy and I am really thinking about redrilling the Style 5s and put them on my car.

E30 14" steel wheels only came on 91 318i sedans in the US market.

I purchased my E30 steelies in early 1983 from Euro-Tire in NJ. Cheapest plus-one set-up at the time.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I took some 14" BMW NK wheels and had them custom made into 15x7 ET25 wheels. Running old school look with hubcaps and beauty rings. tires are 205/50 in back and 195/50 up front

I love the looks of those. Cn you explain the process of converting them to 15's.

Bob S.

I actually just found pics of your car on google yesterday, I'm really digging the widened steelies right now, Where did you get your and whats the measurements ? and of course i need more pics lol

I took some 14" BMW NK wheels and had them custom made into 15x7 ET25 wheels. Running old school look with hubcaps and beauty rings. tires are 205/50 in back and 195/50 up front

I love the looks of those. Cn you explain the process of converting them to 15's.

I sent them to a Wheel company in SoCal. Was not cheap but love the look. They are 15x7 ET25. 205/50 on back and 195/50 up front. BMW NK hubcaps. The wheel place did the beauty rings. I will look thru my emails later to see if i can find the contact info to the whel place. Stockton Wheels was doing it but the owner died and they went under before they got to my wheels so they sent them to another place for me

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I actually just found pics of your car on google yesterday, I'm really digging the widened steelies right now, Where did you get your and whats the measurements ? and of course i need more pics lol

The fronts are 7.5" +20 and the rears are 8" +18. They're old Porsche 356A steels widened by a local guy.

More pics here:

Michael Smith

E30 14" steel wheels only came on 91 318i sedans in the US market.

I purchased my E30 steelies in early 1983 from Euro-Tire in NJ. Cheapest plus-one set-up at the time.

You can buy them from aftermarket sources. If you go to the pik-a-part yard, you want to look for a 91 318i sedan for E30 steel wheels. The price will be much cheaper than from a aftermarket source.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner