• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finaly..here it is. a modular no drill rear brace

Armond

the bar is pretty much done but the battery tray needs some tweaking just a tad. You can position the battery tray securely Left,Center or Right or maybe you just want the bar by itself and position the battery behind the bar in a marine box. also perfect for people who do not want to relocate the battery in the trunk but want a simple rear brace w/o drilling any mounting holes.

http://www.area510.net/images/2002_rear_brace/

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Armond,

Looks great! Nice elegant design.

I like how you can offset it so you have a little more trunk space or if you want it in the middle you can make that adjustment right?

very nice. Are getting a group buy done or selling them? Let me know!

Rey

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!

Looks good Armond! Whats the tubing made out of? Is it AL also? Solid? I wish that I would have had more time here at school to do a production run on mine but if you can get that going for a reasonable price good on ya. I hope that my drawings helped you a bit, it look very similar with the rod ends and everything. I like how the end user can decide where to put the battery.

V/R

Chris

Nice! I wonder how it compares in rigidity to a bolt in brace? Whats the cost? Where can I get one????

the steel bar is 1"OD and collars (made out of aluminum) is pretty secure and It wont go anywhere once it's in place. to tell you the truth all it does is to secure the battery.

the introductory price of the bar bare (no paint) with collars is $115.00. We need a commitment from at least 10 people to make that price happen.deadline would be February 14. otherwise,its 135 bucks for the just the bar and collars. Were finalizing the cost on the battery holder system and should have something more certain early this week. thanks for posting and making it easy to view the pics guys.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

[quote name="Clownman" I hope that my drawings helped you a bit' date=' it look very similar with the rod ends and everything. I like how the end user can decide where to put the battery.

V/R

Chris[/quote]

the fab guy has been producing bars for the volvo scene for years using similar rod ends. You can see it here (second bar down). Thanks.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S70V70-P80/Suspension-&-Steering/Strut-Brace/p-128-373-5435/

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

looks nice. But is there really a need for a rea brace? I mean those are just shock absorber mounts, not struts so the only force on them is the litle bit the shock puts on. But i think it is a perfect setup for a rear mount battery. Great idea on baing able to move the battery around. Hats off to whomever designed it. Thats a great price at $115.00

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Nice! I wonder how it compares in rigidity to a bolt in brace? Whats the cost? Where can I get one????

the steel bar is 1"OD and collars (made out of aluminum) is pretty secure and It wont go anywhere once it's in place. to tell you the truth all it does is to secure the battery.

the introductory price of the bar bare (no paint) with collars is $115.00. We need a commitment from at least 10 people to make that price happen.deadline would be February 14. otherwise,its 135 bucks for the just the bar and collars. Were finalizing the cost on the battery holder system and should have something more certain early this week. thanks for posting and making it easy to view the pics guys.

Is $115 for the whole kit and caboodle including the battery tray thingie? If so I'm in.

Looking To Buy A Roundie Near SoCal

Adolf - 1993 BMW 325i - Daily

Titus - 2010 Cannondale CAAD8 S6 - My Green Contribution

Vittoria - 1999 Ducati 900 SuperSports - When Time Is Of The Essence

Is $115 for the whole kit and caboodle including the battery tray thingie? If so I'm in.

No..as previously noted, $ 115 is the introductory price for just the bar and collars..the battery tray is an accessory and purchased as a separate item. Feel free to e-mail me direct if you have additional questions or point of clarification. Thank you.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti