• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifter bushings

TTyMiller

I installed a set Polyurethane shift bushings on my 76 i want to say they wear produced by ATK motorsport but cant say for sure. but i know Ireland doesnt produce them. anyway they are totally bullet proof iv bin owning and maintaining 2002's for 25 years and have replaced loads of shift bushings for varios reasons but mostly gear oil getting on them and destroying them. I know thers alot of people that hate Polyurethane bushings but these are worth taking a look at.

You have to actually get under the car to do this work.

If you haven't done so in a while, you should also check out your guibo, center support bearing, rear universal joints, clutch hydraulics, etc.

93a48f5a.jpg

Even better, find a place with a lift (or two or three...)

pics10302010059.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 13 years later...

Be sure to check/replace the link with a cross pin.  That assembly added a lot of slop to mine.  

Do you have the early or late style shifter (shown above in c.d.'s images).

I have the late style and the link/pin assembly are parts # 1-6.

02shiftpartsLATER.jpg

Part(s) # 21 (2) are plastic and wear out as well.  I used bronze bushings there.  There are old threads showing that process.