• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Seen This AC Console Before?

ClayW

No, but for me it looks very ugly, 80's and like it was taken from totally different car.

My 02 cents..

The BMW 2002 tii VIN 2719550 was manufactured on July 3rd, 1973 and delivered the same day to the BMW dealer Zeiss & Schwärzel in Mannheim. The original colour was Golf, paint code 070.

No, but for me it looks very ugly, 80's and like it was taken from totally different car.

My 02 cents..

Agreed. I'm thinking of how everything must me routed under and through that dash......ouch. Plus, no place in which my crap can slide around while I'm driving!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Can't zoom in close enough to see the logo on the right side.

There is a brochure/manual or instructions in the trunk - don't know if it is for KLIPPEN (sp) seat belts or for something else.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

to me it just looks like a standard short, early console without a radio. Someone replaced the front piece with some wood or something.

The shifter console is normally where the aftermarket A/C units are located.

This particular car has the A/C vents in an unusual enclosure on the dashboard parcel shelf.

Jim Gerock

The shifter console is normally where the aftermarket A/C units are located.

This particular car has the A/C vents in an unusual enclosure on the dashboard parcel shelf.

JC Whitney-style add-on circa early 80's

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

mechanical parts were in the glovebox location, I had a 1600 with the remnants of one of these in it. The remnants were a huge hole and lots of rust, he he.

If there was a single source for "I used to have" or "I had one of those a while back", YOU would be it.

pics4242010104.jpg

Jim Gerock

Jake Metz in our facebook group just pulled one very similar from his car, but the cover on the dash was gone.

I have one in the garage attic that mounts in place of the glove box, and uses the same face on the shelf.

EDIT. I was looking at the console earlier... That IS the AC unit I have.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

I have seen that a/c on a car recently. It was dealer added but don't remember the name. Looks TERRIBLE!

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

first FridgiKing iteration for 1600s and 2002s. The air outlets covered the little shelf on the dashboard, and the plumbing took most of the glovebox. It was replaced by the more conventional console-only unit around 1971 or so; I've only seen this early style in 68-70 cars, and only a few of them.

I've heard that Mark IV also made a similar unit, but I've not seen one.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite