• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

engine color feedback any pics of your motors?

nbristow01

engine goes to the machine shop this week. I will be painting it when i get it back. I was thinking ford engine blue on the block and oil pan, all other parts aluminum color. do you guys think that will look decent? My car is Verona, I like the way the blue IE swaybar loks undr the car so that is what got me thinking about the blue motor.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I have a blue '74 motor i am about to pull out of a parts car. it looks like it was a nice powder coat job but it held up against engine heat. the grease and grime washes/wipes right off.

That being said, the engine is filthy because of an accident causing grime/antifreeze all over the engine bay.... but i'll try to snap a photo soon (also because the engine will be for sale).

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Lime green or Lome green.

Go Black, You will never go back! oh wait, that is not PC.

Go Schwarz and aluminium! I pulled a blue block out of an old rust bucket we had and it just does not look right. Even the e39 looks black and aluminum.

and yeah, get Esty, she has a good sense of style, I am all jacked up abut the carpet set she is making for me right this minute! or at least on the way soon.

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.