• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy birthday to me, I hate everybody...

tony2002

Today's my birthday, and somebody gave me a gift that I can't return...

ouchies

I only hope that Karma comes back to bite them in the face. NO, that's not strong enough...

I went into a target and because i've got no front bumper, I always park ass-first... this is what i came out to find. it got pushed so hard that it hit the car that pulled in behind me. NO NOTE!! I asked if there's some kind of parking lot surveillance cams, luckily there is, but they have to go through it.

It feels as if I've been kicked in the guts by a mule.

The Kopper Kaiser

Photobucket

oh man, Tony, you should have been in Brookline with us.

Hopefully you've got good insurance, not that that eases much pain.

Sorry to see that. Phil K had that happen last fall, except the rental truck dragged his car out into the street after backing into him. Fortunately it wasn't a hit & run for him. One reason I live one state north of you.

Good luck with the repair. Let us know if you need any help finding parts or metal...

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

now that sucks 3years ago it happened to me left my car on the street some landscaping truck gave me some custom racing stripes.so i feel ur pain if u caint find a hood locally ive got one in my stash.

madman mechanic,71 02 98 528i

Wow. My heart goes out to you man... that's really amazingly awful. And 0% blame goes your way... bumpers would not have helped (SUV or another larger/raised vehicle most likely). I hope the security cameras help...

75 '02

78 M50 swapped E21

95 E34 touring

69 C10 Fleetside

69 Datsun SRL 311 (2012 project)

"Toil and learn or have deep pockets" - a smart guy

thanks all for the kind words...

Scott, can you recommend a body shop that is familiar with our cars? I've got an adjuster coming out in the next few days and no matter what he says, i'm going to try my best to fix this mess.

The Kopper Kaiser

Photobucket

all face when we drive our '02s on a (semi) daily basis. My poor E30 has been scraped by the neighbor's riding lawn mower and sideswiped by a van-driving soccer mom on the interstate. And both '02's have been whacked a few times too. Hopefully the parking lot cameras will provide some tape of this dastardly deed.

At least you should be able to straighten both the center grill and the right side grille. But it's gonna be hood time.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Today's my birthday, and somebody gave me a gift that I can't return...

ouchies

what's the matter with people? no one takes responsibility for their actions anymore.

sorry to see it, tony! I hope the tape offers evidence.

hmm-- let's build motion-detecting cameras that start clicking upon impact. we can mount 'em behind the grill, at license plate-catching height.

“My fan mail is enormous. Everyone is under six.” —Alexander Calder

Ben — ('74 rebuild in primer)

hmm-- let's build motion-detecting cameras that start clicking upon impact. we can mount 'em behind the grill, at license plate-catching height.

That's not such a bad idea.

I feel your pain tony. Not as bad as yours, but my front right fender got hit, then the left, then the center grill and air dam which is now cracked. Later a muffler clamp fell off a tow truck on the highway and struck the nose just below the left grill, above the air dam. I just know nothing else will happen until after I get everything repaired!

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

They already exist, with pix & data stored on hard drives that let you see what was happening before the impact, or course correction, or increase in g-forces. Some of these black boxes are available for us helicopter-parents to check up on the kids' driving habits.

I hope the parking lot tapes show the culprit - so sorry for your loss.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif