• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Speedo And Tach Be Swapped?

cosm3os

Not a big problem as far as the tach goes, but might be a hassle with the speedo cable.  As they say, "Anything is possible", it's just a question of whether or not you want to go to all that's involved to get the cable over to the new speedo location.

Bob Napier

I have done it.  I moved the speedo to the right, and put an aftermarket VDO in the center.

Moving the speedo involves cutting a pretty big hole for the cable in the metal dash structure,

and drilling a hole for the reset on the trip- o- meter.  (I messed that up, and it never worked right)

The stock cable, rerouted, with a 5- speed conversion worked just fine.

I dunno about the stock tach.  But the aftermarket VDO was easy to fit.

It was probably a 3- afternoon job- 2 to mod the panel, one to mount it in the car.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Hey now!

Note the very professional use of duct tape, all...

(oh, and that's a shift light up there on the top, Mike)

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL