• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust Bracket

Dev

It looks like you're missing several parts, I.e., the U-bolt that goes over the exhaust pipe, and at least one of the bolts that connect the bracket to the back of the tranny. I would not be surprised to find you may also be missing the rubber grommets that go with the bolt-to-tranny connections. Might want to look at RealOEM, or contact someone like Blunt (blunttech.com) for what you need.

Bob Napier

Edited by Napes

Thanks for the response Bob.

I have the U bolt and the grommets. It seems as though for some reason the down pipe is shifted over an extra inch and a half.

That bracket is not fully connecting with the hanger on the transmission.

Look to the left and right of the single bolt on the bracket. I know there should be two sets of ten millimeter bolts with a few washers and a grommet. Securing it to the transmission.

It's an Ana's down pipe ordered from blunt. Manifold down pipes resonator and muffler all fitt together but this bracket isn't long enough. Or something is posission'd wrong.

Aside from the obvious missing parts, the bracket is too far over.  This might be because you've got some sort of long-tube headers and/or exhaust on there?  Do you have a 5-speed in there?  If you've got some sort of modified exhaust that is moved over then you or the exhaust shop need to weld/add an extension onto that cross brace for it to function like it should.

For reference here's what everything should look like if on a stock unmodified exhaust system.  I keep these on hand, just sent one out today to a fellow faq'er in fact.

fc64fe53-fa68-42ef-b408-ac49d94b4a49_zps

+1 on the positioning of the Z-bracket.  If you have a 5 speed O.D. tranny, you may have to reposition it to make it work like the stock set-up.

2212010003.jpg

Andrew - I'll send you an e-mail. I'm missing the lower piece from my 69 (will buy the entire assembly).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Sorry about Ansa sixteen times

All great info guys! still nothing clicking up there. I'll have to look into.

The z bracket in your pick is it bent or another hole drilled out.

Four speed tranny, stock exhaust system

So you have installed a new Ansa Downpipe and you probably fasten Downpipe to exhaust manifold first and thing don't line up and downpipe shifted to the right. Same situation i ecountered when I replaced exhaust system last year. Of course it was Ansa.

Go back and just loosen Downpipe from exhaust manifold. Then connect Z bracket to Downpipe and then to tranny. Once that is secure then tighten bolts on exhaust manifold to Downpipe.

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/1/2013 at 8:36 PM, AceAndrew said:

The ansa (like the IE stainless downpipe I'm running) is made to clear the fatter automatic transmissions as well.  To fit mine I simply bent the bracket in the vice over to where it would bolt up, not sure how this would vary in your setup.

Hi Andrew, so I am missing this exhaust support bracket but my buddy Jose is sending me one, question is, if you are laying on the ground and looking at the car / trany from the back, there is one bolt on the back of the tranny and then to the left of it there is an open hole for the other bolt. Would you know what bolt size I need for that.  I can send photos later, also, can you tell em please, from that bracket to the tail pipe, how many exhaust hangers there are suposed to be ? Regards, Richad

On 10/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, John76 said:

The #1 bolt on the left side is a M8 x 40 through bolt with washer and nut. The right side is a M8 bolt that threads into the trans case.

TransExhaustBracket.thumb.JPG.62e3dcc3f41b6efa1348a9d2dd7a5442.JPG

Good morning Andrew, can you please tell me what the #2 bolts are, I bought my support bracket from Jose and it did not come with those two bolts. Also, can you please tell me how many of the rubber hangers there should be from this metal support bracket back to the exhaust, mine currenbtly has 2 .