• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bav Auto S U C K S, imo!

Just blowing off a little steam. 2 wiper blades were ordered 4 months ago. Afetr 4 weeks, I called to ask about my order. First they played dumb ( a natural responce) then they said they would reship the same order again, no charge. Now 3 months later, they have no record of that order. I reordered the same blades again with a fuse box cover. It's been 3 weeks and no parts yet. I emailed them this moning to ask about my order and they sent me a tracking number, filed today! The stuff hasn't even left yet. I hope none of you give Bav Auto any business. They suck at filling orders and their prices aren't even very good. The dealer is usually cheaper, especially if you are a BMWCCA member.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

I too usually prefer my local dealer (Tischer) since they typically provide a 20% discount to BMWCCA members and the parts department is very helpful.

That said, I've had very good experiences with BavAuto. The prices are not the best possible, but I've always had helpful and informative phone service, and quick shipments - usually only a couple days for either my '02 or a newer BMW. Then again, I'm on the East Coast.

There really is no excuse for the experience you have had. I would try asking for a supervisor and calmly explain the situation and ask to be made whole.

Good luck.

1974 2002 (Sahara)

Original Owner Malaga 1973 tii - Orange County

Ray - are you the fellow that I saw at the Koffee Klatch in Laguna Beach (next to French 75), a few weeks back? We said hello but the fellow (if it was you) was in a hurry and had his son in the car, so he blew on out of there. Very very nice car.

That does sound like a bad experience. However, I've shopped regularly with Bav Auto for nearly 10 years and have never had a problem. In fact, the only place I can think of that matches the quality of their service is the Tire Rack.

76 BMW 2002 m20

05 Ford Focus ZX-3 SE

huh... I've always had good experiences with them...

but then, I'm usually ordering things like rings, trunk locks, etc- very 2002-

specific parts that they have in stock.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Results may vary -- and not every situation is the same. Bavarian Autosport is a good company that supports our hobby when possible. I myself have been the recipient of a gift certificate that they donated as a prize for our local BMW CCA chapter holiday party. Decent prices, no sales tax and free shipping on larger orders. Give them a chance to make it right, please.

--Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Guest Anonymous

BavAuto and my dealer have been the primary sources of parts for four of my six BMW's, including the significant rehab'ing of my current '02 over the past nine years. I have never had a bad experience with BA. I am very surprized at your problem, and will copy this entire discussion to the BavAuto Customer Service desk. I know that BA takes pains to make thing right. Good luck.

Roger

'72 Malaga, currently

'71 1600, in the day

'73 tii, in the day

'82 E21, traded

'92 E34, traded

'02 E46, currently

Ray, sorry for your bad experience. Scott will make it right for sure. He is one of the few good resellers out there.

Other resellers screw up and do not care if they make it right. Most of us know those cats. Lets see what they do.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I too have had good experiences from Bavarian Auto.

As far as prices, I researched like crazy with my recent restoration and they either had the best price or they price matched if I found a better advertised deal. I ended up using several vendors for various things but they probably ended up supplying the bulk of my needs (even items not listed in their catalog or website). Between running into some of their good sales and free shipping I saved hundreds of dollars... really, i added it up at one point but forgot the exact figure. Had several orders from them and the shipping was prompt and if I had a question/inquiry the guy (can't remember his name) I was dealing with promptly called me back. ALSO, I received one wrong item which really was not entirely their fault (they had the opportunity to balk) and they took it back quick and easy no problemo.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Out of a dozen or so orders from Bav Auto for both my '76 2002 and '03 330i, I have had maybe a couple that went awry like yours. They did make them right in the end, and overall I've been very satisfied. I, too, prefer my local dealer who gives the CCA discount and of course has all the latest Bimmers to check out! Plus, the Inka '02 usually causes quite a stir among the sales folks and techs when I drive it in!

1976 2002 Inka

2008 M5 Sapphire Black Metallic, 6-speed

Ray,

Sorry to here that. I buy most of my items from them. (they are close enough to drive up if needed, if not then I get next day via ups ground!). I have had very good luck with them. Most parts are in stock and have had most order ship same day without issue. I have had a order or two that shipped late by a day or two and they took care of it quickly and to my satisfaction. In fact most time I feel they seem to go out of there way. They have even helped out with those, "oh sh_t" parts that one need well into a project on a late Saturday afternoon and stuck around till I get up there...

I too have had good luck with brave auto. Shocks, springs, header, ansa systam (even waranteed the resonator that broke the flange off). No issues.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

I have always had very good experiences with BAV as well. The only thing I don't like are there shipping rates. But when they have the parts to me in a day vs 5-8 days when I use others I could care less.

Worth it for some other times i just drive there in person and then go for a lobster dinner along the shore somewhere on rt 1.

Love living in N.E.