• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

15" Alpina replica's on my 74 tii

Gordon

Gang,

While I was deployed to the sandbox and Stuttgart Germany for a year, I left my car at Rob's shop in SLO for some work while I was deployed. I recently bought some 15" Alpina repro's complete with 195/50-15 Falken tires for a great price. Here's the link to the wheels

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/vintage/product.lasso?prodinc=wheels

I was running 14" E30 basketweaves but I got tired of losing or having some low life steal my center caps. At $65 each from the dealer, that gets old real quick. I was such a wheel whore, I had 13 E30 basketweaves that I donated to Rob (he took some money off of my total bill). I am now becoming a 5 lug wheel whore trying to figure out which wheels to put on my 81 Euro spec E12. As Pierre says about being a wheel whore, it's cheaper than crack and a lot more fun. My 15" 4 lug BBS RA wheels will be sold this weekend in the bay area. If Dan doesn't take them, Colin gets next shot at them, then dp.

My tii does not have the original motor, it's a 72 tii motor (plastic intake tubes), rebuilt by Jack Fahuna to tii Euro specs (9.5:1). It has a 5 speed, lsd, Bilstein's, Eibach's, ST swaybars, all rubber bushings have been replaced by polyurethane, H4 Cibie's. E21 recarro's, an E21 S steering wheel, Euro spec one piece crack free dash (no fasten seat belt billboard on top of the dash), and a E30 map light mirror are in the interior. I've been driving it every day recently to work. It's a lot of fun driving your tii down CA highway 1 in rural Santa Barbara county with the sunroof open and a huge smile on your face. It's been so long since I've driven it, I forgot how much fun the tii is to drive.

My tii next project is a Euro bumper conversion, the diving board bumpers have got to go.

G-Man

91 318i sedan 5 speed (girlfriends daily driver)

89 325i sedan 5 speed (oldest daughters daily driver)

86 325 coupe 5 speed (youngest daughters daily driver)

81 528iA Euro spec (new toy)

74 2002tii (many mods)

70 E3 2800 Euro spec, 4 speed, 106K original KM's, stock

96 4Runner 4cyl, 5 speed (parts hauler)

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Gordon,

Love that VP license plate frame! I bought a new 202 there in Dec of 74 and would love to have one on my coupe. We met at Peter's a couple of years ago. Have any leads on finding another one? Thanks.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix