• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion on this car?

Guest Anonymous

. . .. maybe at $3,200 - yes -

absolutely not for $7,600.oo !

how long a go, and MILES a go was all that work done?

Do you want to pay for snows on rims, and a pile of parts ?

Seat cover (s) mean the seats are trash - add $500 - $1000

for seats to yer budget right off to start.

the ad reads :

The car is in good condition for its age and has been tastefully updated/modified. I am the third owner and have owned the car for 13 years.

· Motor: 91mm bore/standard stroke; JE forged pistons w/ gapless rings; 288 deg camshaft from Top End Performance; oil pan baffle; new oil pump; new water pump; new timing chain & sprockets; late model E12 cylinder head (mild porting & flow tested); dual valve springs; all new coolant hoses and larger 320i radiator, new 71 deg thermostat, 80A E30 318i alternator.

· Weber DGV 32/36 5A: Manual choke; modified intake manifold [was for a Weber 38 DGES]

· Ignition: tii mechanical advance distributor w/ pertronix unit; MSD-6A multi-spark unit [“Ultimate Spark Package from Top End Performace]

· Exhaust: Ceramic coated Ireland Engineering header (O2 sensor port for update to fuel injection later – custom from there back with Magnaflow resonator and muffler.

· Drivetrain: BMW 320is 5-speed (modified/shorter driveshaft);standard clutch assembly & flywheel; 320is 3.91 limited slip rear drive w/ new rear drive mount. New wheel bearings front and rear.

· Brakes: 1977 BMW 320i vented rotors, Volvo 240 calipers, late model 320i hubs with new wheel bearings, stainless steel brake lines with tii brake master cylinder, larger 320i rear drums and shoes, longer 2002 turbo emergency brake cables, new wheel cylinders for rear brakes.

· Suspension/steering: older Bilstein HD strut inserts in the front (should be replaced soon); approx. 5 year old Bilstein HD shocks in rear; Suspension Techniques spring set and larger sway bar set front and rear; recent tie-rod arms, newer control arms & ball joints.

· Misc.: Rear strut cross brace including battery tray (battery is in the trunk), high volume/low psi. electric fuel pump in trunk, 320is Recaro seats, smaller leather steering wheel, Halmeter A/F ratio meter, late 80’s E30 BBS style 14”x6.5” wheels, second set of E30 “bottlecap” style wheels 14x6 with studless snow tires mounted, Pioneer CD player/radio, Odyssey “drycell” battery.

· Lots of spare parts and some new parts (door gaskets, oil filter, crush washers, all new bushings to completely rebuild rear suspension) & a car cover.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Looks like a pretty good car, I would take c.d.'s ( sorry he sold it!) overly pessimistic opinion with a grain of salt. The price of 02's have been on the rise, if it's not rusty It could be worth close to what he's asking. I would guess it would high 5's to low 6's on the west coast, but it would need a hands on inspection to be sure.

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Guest Anonymous

The mods on this car are very similar to my '72 Malaga and are worth several grand $$. The rear bumber chrome is tarnished. The front seats are obviously being hidden and are probably ratty. The sheet metal looks good but without without a magnet scan, can't tell where bondo lurks. The engine compartment looks adequate. If the shock towers, trunk and cabin floor pans are solid, it would be hard to put together a car in that condition for less than $7K. Offer $5K. Good luck.

Roger

. . .. maybe at $3,200 - yes -

absolutely not for $7,600.oo !

how long a go, and MILES a go was all that work done?

Do you want to pay for snows on rims, and a pile of parts ?

Seat cover (s) mean the seats are trash - add $500 - $1000

for seats to yer budget right off to start.

the ad reads :

The car is in good condition for its age and has been tastefully updated/modified. I am the third owner and have owned the car for 13 years.

· Motor: 91mm bore/standard stroke; JE forged pistons w/ gapless rings; 288 deg camshaft from Top End Performance; oil pan baffle; new oil pump; new water pump; new timing chain & sprockets; late model E12 cylinder head (mild porting & flow tested); dual valve springs; all new coolant hoses and larger 320i radiator, new 71 deg thermostat, 80A E30 318i alternator.

· Weber DGV 32/36 5A: Manual choke; modified intake manifold [was for a Weber 38 DGES]

· Ignition: tii mechanical advance distributor w/ pertronix unit; MSD-6A multi-spark unit [“Ultimate Spark Package from Top End Performace]

· Exhaust: Ceramic coated Ireland Engineering header (O2 sensor port for update to fuel injection later – custom from there back with Magnaflow resonator and muffler.

· Drivetrain: BMW 320is 5-speed (modified/shorter driveshaft);standard clutch assembly & flywheel; 320is 3.91 limited slip rear drive w/ new rear drive mount. New wheel bearings front and rear.

· Brakes: 1977 BMW 320i vented rotors, Volvo 240 calipers, late model 320i hubs with new wheel bearings, stainless steel brake lines with tii brake master cylinder, larger 320i rear drums and shoes, longer 2002 turbo emergency brake cables, new wheel cylinders for rear brakes.

· Suspension/steering: older Bilstein HD strut inserts in the front (should be replaced soon); approx. 5 year old Bilstein HD shocks in rear; Suspension Techniques spring set and larger sway bar set front and rear; recent tie-rod arms, newer control arms & ball joints.

· Misc.: Rear strut cross brace including battery tray (battery is in the trunk), high volume/low psi. electric fuel pump in trunk, 320is Recaro seats, smaller leather steering wheel, Halmeter A/F ratio meter, late 80’s E30 BBS style 14”x6.5” wheels, second set of E30 “bottlecap” style wheels 14x6 with studless snow tires mounted, Pioneer CD player/radio, Odyssey “drycell” battery.

· Lots of spare parts and some new parts (door gaskets, oil filter, crush washers, all new bushings to completely rebuild rear suspension) & a car cover.

CD please reach for the door latch on your time machine and free yourself.... at first glance that looks like a very nice car. i know from experience what it costs to build a mechanically sound driver with no frills towards cosmetics and you can dump 9k into a car very quickly just getting it solid and reliable

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Seems like a well squared away car with lots of goodies. It's also the most beautiful (yet understated) color, riviera.

I'd quickly put on some DCOEs though, and get the real power out of that engine.

It looks strangely like one that was for sale over in Hawaii a couple years ago, but I could be very wrong on that.

Oh, and whats the deal with the 'Car' emblem on the front? Is it necessary to differentiate it from a BMW motorcycle?

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

One scary little item toward the bottom of the ad - the reference to studless snow tires mounted on bottlecaps. Has this car been making regular trips into snow-land, with the attendant exposure to salt, etc?

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

SNOWS ON RIMS ?????

Like I was saying - my appraisal is based on the facts,

or facts not spelled out in the text - but hidden in

the clues.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

No. This thread will live forever...

Actually, they salt the passes, which is where we go skiiinnnggg...

and the salt air off the sound or the ocean, if it's a peninsular car,

can be rough-

so I've seen some pretty rotted 'local' cars.

And some pristine ones that have been dd's in the area for 30 years.

It all depends...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL