• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New 69.

poolguru

Wanted to post some pics of my 69 02' The car is not perfect but for 1500.00,I wont complain.In the last pic,you may notice the left tail light area

is pushed in a little.Can this be fixed without replacing sheetmetal? I am hoping yes.Otherwise the car is pretty solid.Was 1500.00 a good price for the car?I am a noob here.Thanks!

What an awesome looking car --- nice find for $1500. How does it run, etc?

Also, what driving lights are those on the bumper? Any model #'s or brand on them? They're nice.

Good find, overall, for sure - had to chuckle at the USC + Apple stickers on the rear windshield.

-Old Skool-

Great is right! The bumpers alone are worth almost half that...a clean, early 02 with solid shock towers goes for a LOT more on the east coast. There's one local to me for 4x what you paid and it's not as purty! You done good, man!

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Sweet for a couple of more $ you have a very nice ride with two good tail lights! Very good price for sure. How are the mechanicals on the rest of the car?

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

Guest Anonymous

Congrats! It looks great and a terrific bargain also, especially if the spare tire well, gas tank support bracket and inside floorpan are all solid too (and the car runs on top of that). The chrome alone, new, would cost more than $1500. I'm interested in your black center wheels. Would you be so kind as to post a follow up direct shot of one of your wheels. TIA.

Roger

'72 Malaga

That's an 'easy' fix-

the down side is that it's not going to be cheap,

'cause you're looking at a couple of shop hours to straighten

it back out, then the prep and paint time.

It's definately NOT a replacement part, just the labor.

Around here, I've started to see that the best places to take 2002s

are hot rod shops. The average collision shop doesn't want to work metal

any more, whereas the good metalworking guys (the few that are left)

find much more challenging and fun projects at the custom places.

Me, I'd drive it a bunch first, and then when it really starts bugging you,

start looking for a shop to fix it.

hth,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

nice, man. granada red. looks like you may be south bay area with the motorspeed west license plate frame. what's the history? did the P.O. drive it daily? if not, and you do, stuff will start popping up as needing overhaul. brakes and cooling system for starters. do you have any oil blow-by? i can't believe the tail lens isn't broken where it got damaged. however maybe it's cracked underneath the chrome bezel. if you have to replace it, don't replace them with the later amber turn signal ones, keep em all red how the 1600's are supposed to be. if the light still works i'd keep it that way until you're ready for a full repaint in the original shade of red and do it then. congrats

NEAT ! and what everybody else said,

the area around that tail light is " Patina " - leave it

otherwise once you repair it - and the car is 'perfect',

sheit will happen to it.

. . . . but the trunk seal will cost you $300 and the other items

a few more $K.

Enjoy your new toy

missing trunk seal - don't wash it or leave it out in the rain

t_02-4_152.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Wow! Thanks guys.I actually have the trunk seal,just not installed,The previous owner was not the original owner.I am the 3rd.The tale light is in good shape,works and the rest of the car has very little rust.The towers,spare compartment and the gas tank area are all clean.Don't have any idea on the driving lights but they do look to be in good shape..Car has a rebuilt engine 10,000 miles ago and the motor does not blow smoke on accel or decel. Tranny is my next project as it has a slight syncro noise/grind if shifting fast between 1,going into 2nd as is typical of the older gearboxes.I want to stick a 5 spd in it but dont know which way to go for that.It will be a weekend/around towncar for me.I drove it around last night and its freaking awesome.I am in the south/east bay.Fremont area.Anyways if you guys have any more suggestions on the gearbox or anything else,lmk.