• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

OK, I'll bite.

14X5.5 BMW 2000CS steel rims and hubcaps. I don't know the offset. 185/65 rubber.

Stock springs with spacers removed and sagging a little, especially in the rear. OEM Boge struts and shocks. Urethane bushings up front and a 22mm front sway bar.

Fenders are unmodified, but I don't get rubbing at any time.

07OrangeCar.jpg

04OrangeCar.jpg

With 13X5 Opel Kadett steel rims (identical to early ti/tii steels except for valve-stem placement), 185/70 tires. No rubbing then either.

0502OrangeCar13in-1.jpg

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Nice Scout in Pic #1... I have a 76 II bicentenial edition, glass tub, 396 with 345 heads - Also just came upon a few early Scouts all with 4-spds and 4-pots.

Here's mine, well, hers actually.

Wheels:13x5 1/2, et13 turbines

Tires: 175/70

Suspension Techniques springs in the rear.

Stock springs in front with two coils cut out. (I have ST's for the fronts but waiting to do the struts at the same time.)

Front and rear lips rolled, fronts rub the rear of the fenderwell when turning.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

OK, my $.02 ;-)

Wheels: 16x7.5" TSW Hockenheim-Rs, et20
Tires: 205/40
Suspension: Front - Billy Sports, Eibach springs; Rear - Billy HDs, Eibach Springs; ST swaybars (lowered ~1.5")
Other: Rolled fenders front & back. No rubbing.
I've had it lower, but raised it back to current height since it's a daily...

Tom

My02-CCM-FrtQtr_med.jpg
My02-CCM-Front_Sml.jpg

Edited by visionaut
  • Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Stage 2? Dinan springs...rollin on BBS wheels..15x7, et25. Rubbed the struts in the front which is why the original owner put spacers on the front wheels. It also has a camber kit. I'll check up wheel size tomorrow. Bilstein sport struts and shocks.

Credits to M20 man for the following picture ;D

Photobucket

Dinan stage 1? 2 coils cut i believe with a spacer removed in the front and bottom spring perch removed on the rear. Kosei rims, 15x6.5...i forgot the ET...ill find out later....tires are 195/50/15 yokohama es100s. Bilstein HD struts and shocks .

-Ryan

icon.jpg

The bumperless wonder.

Nice Scout in Pic #1... I have a 76 II bicentenial edition, glass tub, 396 with 345 heads - Also just came upon a few early Scouts all with 4-spds and 4-pots.

You can still find Scouts in MA??!! I would have thought they'd all have gone back to the earth over there.

And, how, exactly, do you just happen to come upon a "few"?? Were they someones collection?

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Stage 2? Dinan springs...rollin on BBS wheels..15x7, et25. Rubbed the struts in the front which is why the original owner put spacers on the front wheels. It also has a camber kit. I'll check up wheel size tomorrow. Bilstein sport struts and shocks.

Credits to M20 man for the following picture ;D

Photobucket

Dinan stage 1? 2 coils cut i believe with a spacer removed in the front and bottom spring perch removed on the rear. Kosei rims, 15x6.5...i forgot the ET...ill find out later....tires are 195/50/15 yokohama es100s. Bilstein HD struts and shocks .

Are those BBS RAs? If they are, I think the ET is closer to 30, right?

Ireland Stage I Sport Springs with Bilstein HDs, spacers removed. 195/60-14 Michelins on E30 basketweaves.

This a picture from early May, 2007. Car has since been crashed (twice).

Delia

post-169-13667593040408_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Ireland Stage I Sport Springs with Bilstein HDs, spacers removed. 195/60-14 Michelins on E30 basketweaves.

Delia

Wow that car looks great without the spacers. How was the ride? Is that Menlo Atherton in the pic?

Delia

Wow that car looks great without the spacers. How was the ride? Is that Menlo Atherton in the pic?

Thanks, Colin,

The ride on this car is exceptional! 70 mph and 3000rpm in 5th gear up and down I-280 to and from the City.

Handles great, too!

Yes, that's Menlo Park, just off Marsh Road, a stone's throw from Atherton.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Delia

Thanks, Colin,

The ride on this car is exceptional! 70 mph and 3000rpm in 5th gear up and down I-280 to and from the City.

Handles great, too!

Yes, that's Menlo Park, just off Marsh Road, a stone's throw from Atherton.

Delia

That's too bad about the car. Its a great looking squarie. I love the combo of the silver with those wheels. Very nice.

I dated a girl for a year whose parents lived on Monroe (I think?) and the street looked just like that... white picket fences with gravel parking spaces and no sidewalks.