• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

Its the exact same set of wheels RayC911 posted a couple of pages back :)

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/71097-the-stance-thread/?p=944436

RS001's - 15x7 (front) 15x8 (rear 2" lip). 195/45 Yokohama S-Drives all round. GC coilovers on the front and in the pic the rear was actually a cut stock sprint as I was playing around with some options at the time. The cut stock fit the look, but it was a bit soft so I've got a tricky set made for the rear so its a bit stiffer.

Talbots are cool too. I think CJ runs them on his Fjord car (see page 1 of this thread)

Thanks Oz, so when you say GC coilovers do you mean the full coilover kit with the camber plates shorter struts etc or just the coilover conversion kit with the eibach springs? I'm in the middle of figuring out what exactly I should purchase. Appreciate all the help!

"Lily" 1973 BMW 2002

"Frau" 2006 BMW X5 4.8is 

Thanks Oz, so when you say GC coilovers do you mean the full coilover kit with the camber plates shorter struts etc or just the coilover conversion kit with the eibach springs? I'm in the middle of figuring out what exactly I should purchase. Appreciate all the help!

Full GC coilover kit on the front. I'd recommend this for the front if you like low! A number of people in this thread run that setup.

Rear setup is still the stock spring / shock design. Koni shocks and whichever spring I have in at the time (the GC kit has a custom to your spec Eibach). 

The kit is quite pricey so if you can do the work yourself, you'll save some money there.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I'm sorry if it's been posted, but I didn't see it when I was looking around..... Is it possible to run 17x7 size wheels??? I can't see any bigger than 16 and nothing on google, so I'm wondering if anyone has done it..... I just got my 1600 so I know NOTHING and it's sitting in storage until I can get my newbie self stateside to start on it.

I'm sorry if it's been posted, but I didn't see it when I was looking around..... Is it possible to run 17x7 size wheels??? I can't see any bigger than 16 and nothing on google, so I'm wondering if anyone has done it..... I just got my 1600 so I know NOTHING and it's sitting in storage until I can get my newbie self stateside to start on it.

I guess it is possible, but why would you? If you ran 195/40-17 tires, it would be approx. -1.1% from the original dimesion. 195-45/17 is 2.2% bigger.

I don´t think it would look good though.

http://youtu.be/AENdc50K5aE

If you aren't familiar with this guy's reviews you should be. This one is about a "stanced" E36 M3 and is pretty on point. Not really 2002 related, but close enough. :)

Great review.

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

Hardly think 17" is that extreme. I ran 17" BBS LM's while waiting for my 16x7 Alpinas to be available to go with my 8x16 rear wheels.

I ran a 205/40R17 and when compared to the stock 165R13, was 1/10th of an inch larger in diameter. The BBS LM's with tires mounted were .5lbs heavier than the steel wheel and a 185/70R13. The offset was set at 27mm. Steering was not much different then Michaels car when we switched. Michaels car had 205/60R13's.

While it sounds extreme, when seen in person, due to the smaller diameter of the mesh pattern on a BBS LM, they didn't look big at all.

Just my .02cents- Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I guess it is possible, but why would you? If you ran 195/40-17 tires, it would be approx. -1.1% from the original dimesion. 195-45/17 is 2.2% bigger.

I don´t think it would look good though.

Hardly think 17" is that extreme. I ran 17" BBS LM's while waiting for my 16x7 Alpinas to be available to go with my 8x16 rear wheels.

I ran a 205/40R17 and when compared to the stock 165R13, was 1/10th of an inch larger in diameter. The BBS LM's with tires mounted were .5lbs heavier than the steel wheel and a 185/70R13. The offset was set at 27mm. Steering was not much different then Michaels car when we switched. Michaels car had 205/60R13's.

While it sounds extreme, when seen in person, due to the smaller diameter of the mesh pattern on a BBS LM, they didn't look big at all.

Just my .02cents- Cris

I see the point on all. I was more curious to see if it had been done to get an idea of what it would look like. Seeing the 16s on here even those seem a tad large for my taste. Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I can't wait to start working on my new lady!! :)

Just my .02cents- Cris

Your car is the exception!

what will be needed to fit 15x8 et27 front and 15x9 et15 on a 2002 with turbo flares??

Serious rolling of the front and rear fenders for stock body.. but with turbo flares I would recommend cutting. I fit 15x7.5 ET25 on my 2002 and the rears rubbed with 195/50/15 and the front tires would touch the rear of the fenderwell at lock. 

This is what I did to my 2002 with turbo flares to clear my wheels/tires:

8682405914_aa2237ede6.jpg

It was nice that it also removed the rust from my rear wheel wells as well. Two birds with one stone. :)

Eugene -

'71 nevada 02

Just my .02cents- Cris

I found you tire sizes for your Alpinas, but I'm curious about the offset. Considering the depth they sit under the fenders I'm guessing they're about ET28 or so? Your car is definitely the best looking 02' with 16's out there.

On the topic of 17's, this is one of the only pictures of a 17 inch wheel under a turbo flare I've ever seen.

0g0yQvU.jpg

Those M-Systems seem to fit pretty well under there and don't look ridiculous. I'm curious to know what his tire size is like as well. Also, does anybody know anything about this car? I only stumbled upon the picture randomly and couldn't find any more shots of it.

Alex
-'75 2002 with M42

-Spec E30

-'91 318is