• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my car back from the upholstery shop

HarryPR

wow very nice harry. even nicer after seeing the price. what a bargain. theres some e21 parts on their way to your daughters in atlanta by the way

Thanks, Steve! Please let me know the total and I'll send some ducats your way.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

You should find some nice wheels for that car.

;-)

Very nice.

I know you will install the plastic insert in the door pulls, but I like the all metal early ones (hint!).

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

You should find some nice wheels for that car.

;-)

Very nice.

I know you will install the plastic insert in the door pulls, but I like the all metal early ones (hint!).

Cheers,

Ray

It'll probably wind up getting the BBS RS wheels once I get them assembled. I'm using the H&B's on the Baur.

On the door pulls, I have to look for a new set of inserts I have somewhere in my parts stash. Don't have any all-chrome ones, though.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Tim, about the steering wheel: It is, as you suspect, a fine-spline wheel.
those steering wheels were used on few early e30's and have course splines like our o2's...i luckily have 2 of them and use one in my e21 in place of the factory sports wheel..i found the last one laying in the seat of a honda at the local P.A.P.

The map pockets are from a 2002Lux. Got these from Edgar Butler some time ago for a very reasonable price.

The car's door panels didn't have any speaker holes, but the color wasn't an exact match with the seats, so I had the original vinyl carefully removed and the panels were recovered. BTW it's all top quality leather-look vinyl. Highly recommended.

The carpets are a wool blend bought from this ebay vendor:

http://stores.ebay.com/norwoodenterprises864

The upholstery guy was very impressed with the carpet's quality and the price for a 5 yard roll is cheap. Definitely recommended. The only problem is that it has a thick backing which is going to make it difficult to install the gas pedal.

Oh, Tim, about the steering wheel: It is, as you suspect, a fine-spline wheel. My buddy who built the local M2 with sidedrafts is a very talented tool and die maker. He custom-built two steering shafts with fine splines back when we were doing our cars and gave one to me.

Total cost was $575.00 plus the $50 I paid for the roll of carpet. Not bad, right?

Harry, Can't believe that I missed the map pockets on my first look. They are splendid. The steering wheel is the cat's pajamas! Very exciting.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Total cost was $575.00 plus the $50 I paid for the roll of carpet. Not bad, right?

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Are you saying that the entire interior was $575??? I find that very hard to believe.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

Yup. The entire upholstery, including labor and materials, was $575.00.

If I had it done in San Juan, it would've probably been a lot more. I live in a relatively small town on the east coast where things are less costly.

I had a steering wheel from an E30 325is on it previously, but swapped it for the one on the pic from my wife's E30. The diameter is a little larger, which makes it easier on my 50 year old biceps..

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Does this craftsman do headliners? I would like to have my E30's headliner replaced.

Again, nice job for a great price.

Regarding the wheelskin question you had, I still have to order mine. I did install a ws on the '02 and it turned out nice.

Hey, did you charge the AC's on your cars?

Victor
SOLD - 1974 Automatic Sienabraun Metallic

Does this craftsman do headliners? I would like to have my E30's headliner replaced.

Again, nice job for a great price.

Regarding the wheelskin question you had, I still have to order mine. I did install a ws on the '02 and it turned out nice.

Hey, did you charge the AC's on your cars?

Victor, he can do your headliner. If you want him to check it out let me know and I'll take you there.

BTW, I did recharge the a/c on the white E30 and it's working great so far.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290