• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm OK. RIP "Mae West." PICS

Delia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you're OK. It's a lot harder to fix you than Mae. And things might be all right for her, too--this may be the incentive to get the earlier sideswipe damage fixed on the other guy's dime!

Rest your back, and clip some recent tii ads for the insurance adjuster.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Of course I'm happy you're ok and all, but if he rear-ended you, shouldn't his insurance pay for the damage done? Or has it already been declared a total loss? In which case you still get money (it's sale value, without the crash damage of course). At least, this is how it works in NL, I'm no expert on American law.

Dreamed I was an Eskimo.

Oh no. Two of my favorite women on this board got hurt. Hopefully the flesh & blood one got checked out and is resting. Don't worry about the steel lady. She can be fixed.

Delia, take care of yourself. Make sure and get an xray if you haven't already. The adrenaline from an accident can make you think you are OK when you aren't.

We'll be praying for a quick recovery for you and Mae.

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

Guest Anonymous

Now that you have posted the pics, I would disagree with your RIP conclusion. It is not good (it never is) but it appears driveable and worthy of fixing. Heck, half of the older 02's I have seen lately not only have the same dimples, but they look far worse. Makes me wonder if any 02's have a "continental kit" so that the spare over the bumper offers even more protection.

If you can find an unmolested replacement without the hassle of repairing the answer is obvious.

Been rear-ended twice in two different 02s. Both sets of dimples were repaired. Just be thankful it wasn't Jonny in the Vibe. It would be difficult to keep a straight face when sharing insurance information!

Glad you are okay.