• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what followed me home again

norm

Cool boat Norm.

I'm in Chicago airlining to Sac today.

I'll be at the airport at 5:30. Do you think Brew it up will be open by the time I get to my hotel?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Wooden boats are so classic! You are living my dream...awesome!

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Cool!!!!

I have been coveting old wooden boats for a few years now. All the ones I have looked at are of a similar design, but inboards (I love the cool burbling idle of the flat head V8 with the exhaust just at the water line)

But your outboard is awesome. Better seating arrangement without the motor in the middle of it. (What's the HP rating on the boat?)

I have been hesitant to pull the trigger because everyone keeps warning me about the maintenance. But I know eventually I will weaken to the call.

Congrats.

- Tony

should you ever troll within the San Francisco Bay drop by. i've a sandy beach to float up on. i'd love to find a vintage Boston Whaler someday. nice looking boat.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

1956...I had a 14' AristoCraft "Torpedo" with a 10 hp Johnson--even with that small motor I could pull a water skiier...very cool looking boat. When I was a bit older I had a 16' Carter Craft with a 40 horse Evinrude--used to go thru the Port Everglades inlet with small craft warnings up...it was a great sea boat. In high school a couple of friends and I took our boats on a three day trip up the coast to Cape Canaveral...great time.

Can you imaging parents turning their jr hi/high schoolers loose on a trip like that today?

Ah...reminiscing... now I have a 12' aluminum skiff with a 9.5 hp Evinrude to float around the Pamlico Sound when we're on Ocracoke Island (NC Outer Banks).

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite