• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what does the congregation think about COOP's gb project?

-=Charley

what do you think about COOP's group buy?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think about COOP's group buy?

• yay/cool!
    • nay/uncool!

i thought COOP should get the opinion from the board as a whole. so here's your chance to vote and give ONE rant. please just leave ONE comment and let's use our own sn's. 123go

thx

and if you dont know, you dont hafta ask somebody just click here

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,281497/highlight,carbon+fiber+group+buy/

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

I think COOP's group buys are great. I bought the billet stub-axles, and lusted after the CF hood and trunk lids. COOP offered a product that is not readily available, at a good price. Having people like COOP arrange for products like the CF hoods is a valuable resource that we do not want to lose with our 30 year-old cars. If you don't want the product, then don't buy. If you can find it for less, buy it elsewhere. If you don't like the process, don't read the messages. We need to encourage diversity, not discourage it.

Ian

'76 M2

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

I think COOP's group buys are great. I bought the billet stub-axles, and lusted after the CF hood and trunk lids. COOP offered a product that is not readily available, at a good price. Having people like COOP arrange for products like the CF hoods is a valuable resource that we do not want to lose with our 30 year-old cars. If you don't want the product, then don't buy. If you can find it for less, buy it elsewhere. If you don't like the process, don't read the messages. We need to encourage diversity, not discourage it.

Ian

'76 M2

what he said

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

He can price his items anyway he wants.

And he priced them very reasonably (too reasonably IMO) while providing excellent products you can't find anywhere. (I am going to need stub axles for my racecar soon.)

If you don't like, don't buy. It's so simple.

Here is my two cents Daniel. Do the group buy. Make it worth your while. If you have enough participants to make your minimum, go with it. If you don't cancel it. Make your customers happy. Ignore the whiners. They can $%@ themselves.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

I have never seen what the fuss was about. It seems that his motives were good ones and everybody got what they wanted out of the deals. It is an individual choice to participate or not. Nothing shocking or wrong with the arrangement imo. I'd rather buy Coop a beer than his critics, that is for sure!!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I am sadened that COOP's group buy on CF hoods and lids has been put to a stop because of some criticism from a few people. Where else in the world can we get those parts? 2002faq is unique, and has proven a wealth of info and entrepreneurship.

Then a few people manage to let their grumpiness loose on that GB and turns it down. Sorry, I do not get it. I haven't read yet ONE rational comment that could support anything negative about that GB. Only personal grieves.

It is possible that when COOP mentionned he had no material interest in this process, some people may have doubted it. Perhaps it is true he makes nothing or gets nothing, perhaps not. I don't care. Let's simply not get personal and stick to the facts.

Please COOP, restart the GB.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Coop has always been very helpful to me and a great source of advice. The group buys seem very fair and a good thing. I don't understand why a few people on the board are always so negative, but it is too bad because it discourages people from participating. Along the same lines I was disappointed when Rimspoke got tons of negative criticism for his products. I have bought his stainless steel hardware and it is very nice stuff, but I could see how such criticism might make someone less interested in producing such a product.

1973 Verona 2002 2.5 L s14

1998 M3

Appearantly, on this forum there are a couple peolple that don't want a good product or a good deal on a part that will work without issue. They would rather rant about something that does'nt work or argue over parts that they sell at the Home Depot for door seals.

Heck, if we bought all good parts, all we would have to talk about is how great these cars are.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793