• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what does the congregation think about COOP's gb project?

-=Charley

what do you think about COOP's group buy?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think about COOP's group buy?

• yay/cool!
    • nay/uncool!

Apearantly, on this forum there are a couple peolple that don't want a good product or a good deal on a part that will work without issue. They would rather rant about something that does'nt work or argue over parts that they sell at the Home Depot for door seals.

Heck, if we bought all good parts, all we would have to talk about is how great these cars are.

Cris

May I add that those same people should voice their opinion only if it is constructive, one way or the other. Bickering under PMS or testosteronal rush is hardly productive.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

I don't know COOP or his products but when I saw the first group of people jump in I knew his GB was no joke - Why would guys like that waste their time on a crappy product. Many of the interested parties have spent so much time and money restoring their 02's that there's no way the CF parts could be junk.

As for the last GB - I have no idea. Resins and composities are tough to work with and they do shrink, warp, change & cause problems down the road. One would have to expect that the next batch would only improve if there were any problems to begin with. As for price - COOP you're spot on. As long as it's real CF and epoxy resin you'd be hard pressed to build your own set for that price. I've got about $200 into a CF early bumper and I'm only about 60% done. The price was too rich for my blood - but not steep - try buying a CF Acura or Lexus hood... see what those run.

Anyone who is skeptical of COOP's fitment or parts/tooling should spend some time in the composities industry. The margins and tolerances are usually HUGE because of the warping, shrinking and delamination problems. This isn't metal people and unless you're going to cough up the coin for a one-off autoclaved part... that's about as good as it's going to get.

As for COOP getting something out of it - why would anyone go through that much effort to put together a GB and then not at least get a few free sets? Honestly put yourself in his shoes. Even if he ended up with 10 extra sets and spread the cost to others - I can buy anything I want, spend money any way I want and make good or bad decisions as I please.

Full disclosure?? Full disclosure = I have a product. It is for sale for X dollars. Think about what would happen if we had 100% full disclosure in this country....

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76