• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just had a wild thought-we should have a 2002 FAQ gathering

02fanatic

No offense and this IS NOT simply because I live in Arkansas but I'd opt for a location a little more aesthetically pleasing than Lebanon, KS. even if I have to drive a greater distance. The Mid-America fest in Eureka Springs, AR. is not far east of center, the surroundings are beautiful, and the driving roads are among the best in the nation.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds fun!! I like the idea of having many different events during the week such as show-n-shine, autocross, BBQ and Chili cookoff, or even a scavenger hunt. Camping could be fun too. The caravans out and back would need to be planned too.

I like Vroomer's idea of Cuba.

Norm

Cuba? You can come to Puerto Rico! I work in the shipping industry and can probably get a group deal for bringing the cars over and back.

Seriously, name the place and I'll be there, maybe with my '02. Or I could go ahead with my plan to buy one in the mainland and keep it there for events!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Seriously, is there a place central to both coasts that you can think of and can hold at least 100 cars and owners? I would be willing to "contribute" to cover the cost of the place and organization costs. And as I said before, I'll help with organizing the event.

I just don't know enough about that part of the country to take the lead!

V@V would be great, but how may west coasters would come?

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Hi Robert

Hope all is well. I have suggested to Keith K that KC is a good place if it is to be central, but as Bill suggests, staying near the coasts are probably going to draw more when you get right down to it. V@V or a Zentrum event is probably best for the east side. I am planning on going to the Mid America event in April; Skip, Bo and the guys out there always come to our events so its only fair Welcome to join in if you can

Hope you have a nice holiday

I think the east coast is a bad idea. The idea is to draw people from all over - not just to jam in as many as possible. East coasters see eachother all the time. I'd like to see a good mix from all over the country - and VV isnt going to get that. I give it a thumbs down.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• Administrators

not sure how often i really want ot be driving to Kansas. But my plan is to be there on Sept. 25-28 for the SCCA Solo National Championships. So the weekend after that will work great for me. It took us two days last year to make it to topeca for a total of about 25 hours of driving. Not sure how easy it woudl be getting there for PNW people. parts of 80 are at at least 5000 feet.

On the other hand, do we have enough people in that region who will be able able to partake this task.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

I'll concur with KC...In fact Keith was talking about a KC get together at the "True Friends" fall drive several weeks ago. No problems with event space or lodging as long as the date is chosen carefully to avoid conflicts. He threw out some pretty neat suggestions on sites too.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

sometimes the best part of an event is the caravan getting there....Wow that is one heck of a long caravan coming from the East and the West...imagine picking up more cars all the way until you get there. Now that would be something to remember.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours