• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats happening to YOUR 02 this weekend?

canadamatt

i'm tackling the rear trailing arm rebuilds. got the old bushings out and the new ones in. i thought i had everything set for the axle bearing work but realized that all my backing plates are 320i versions and NOT 2002 version. don't have an 02 set that's painted and ready to go for this car that i want to keep stock, minimal upgrades. dang.

i'm tearing down the next set in preparation for the next car.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put some new plugs in and started playing with the MS tuning, got it to start like butter at any temp.

Had my buddy drive while I did some on the road tuning and the damn fuel pump froze up about 1/2 mile from the shop. Guess I'll be hitting the junk yard for a pump Sunday. My duece is almost ready for her first try on small trips.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

worked on the m2 project got the motor and trany out friday night was a tight fit coming out together . power washed the engine bay today and tomorow i'll work on the pedal bucket and transmission mounts for the s14 and m3 transmission. anybody need a engine and automatic transmission ?

post-1291-13667563907734_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667563908904_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667563910165_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667563911456_thumb.jpg

REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

Guest Anonymous

rebuilt solex.

points,rotor,cap

timed it

drained auto tranny

dropped pan

new AT filter

new fluid

next comes the paint then i'm done.This thing has been 8 years in the making.

Dan in Philly

72 02 A Golf

instrument cluster, one that has a working odometer. If I can make the CRX heater valve work I'll install it and install my replacement heater box with working fan.

The other day I found out why my heater box was blowing in so much hot air last summer, the valve was stuck open. What engineer thought it would be a good idea to make the heater valve pivot piece out of plastic?

Still waiting on new tii MC.

this weekend was drive shaft replace

NewDriveShaft.jpg

new drive shaft arrived. time to go to work

CoreReturn.jpg

don't forget about the core....that $100 I need back

FreshCenterBearing.jpg

yep, this is the ultimate cause of all this frustration

WhereILive.jpg

where I live on the weekends

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641

1999 M Roadster Alpine White, 1999 M Coupe Alpine White

just got done beating out my front wheel bearing races, and putting in new bearings. then i did the test wiggle, no more play in the bearings, but tie rod is all loose now. I'm off work tomorrow, so gonna change them tomorrow.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Rally prep work for the Alpine 500!

Did the mundane stuff like checking all the hoses and belts and clamps and plugs and cap and rotor and coolant and battery and...

I got my replacement rear foglight from Susquehanna Motorsports. (I crunched the last one on the Shamrock.) This one got mounted ABOVE the bumper.

2002lightswiring002.jpg

I also got to install the H4s and wire in a set of relays and fuses.

2002lightswiring005.jpg

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

ie go for a nice refreshing drive.

Of all the responses, this makes me the most jealous! I spent 20+ hours working on my brothers civic (bodywork), and my 02 didn't get much done. Head is on, engine is pretty much ready to go in after I swap out the steering box.

As to your other post, yah, its a big freakin dome. I don't know what it used to be used for. The insulation is actually some kind of mulched newspaper concoction with some 'anti-fire' stuff added to it, and sprayed on the walls. The place looks ridiculously funny from outside, I have never seen anything else like it. I'll have to take an outside pic..

Looks like a lot of 02 work was done this weekend, good to see!

Matt