• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

Wow, Blunt, very impressive! I will have to stop in to see it the next time we go up to MN for fishing and visiting w/our friends in Coon Rapids, MN. That will be a seriously FUN car. JIM

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, Blunt, very impressive! I will have to stop in to see it the next time we go up to MN for fishing and visiting w/our friends in Coon Rapids, MN. That will be a seriously FUN car. JIM

thanks jim, youre always welcome. they reshot the trunk friday and the engine bay and the trunk paint look nicer than i thought they could. my dad and i spent countless hours prepping the engine bay as i know the body shop wouldnt do as thorough a job in those areas.

ill shoot some pics next week with a decent camera. all i had last wek was my cheesy one

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

with the turbo exhaust. It roars a bit at higher rpms but very nice for around town. Then again you will probably carrying 50 or so extra hp than my 200. You will be spending time in the higher rpm registers though so I'll be interested to see how it is there.

I had the same body issues with the 72. Tiny rust spot in left rear qtr and rear window frame area became new qtrs, rockers, trunk floor, back panel, doors, hood and fore & aft floors. Saved the roof, front fenders, nose and trunk lid. In for a dime in for a dollar...maybe even more!

I'm definitely suffering from S14 envy! Nice job Blunt . Keep the photos coming!

• 2 weeks later...
Any new word yet Blunt?

Andrew

my car sits idle in the dark. all the bodyshop guys went on strike. i was so close to having it home too. i dont know how long this may last but im hoping they go back to work soon. ill update as soon as they start working again

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• 2 weeks later...

finally these guys settled and are back at work as of today. my car is getting a final blocking today and he will shoot it at 100pm tomorrow. he called me and told me to be there at 100 with my camera. wont be long now. now i just need to get this 540 done and out of my garage so i have room to bring the 02 home. pics tomorrow

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i stopped over this morning and he had it washed down and was applying the body schutz stuff to the rockers and bottom of the nose. right or wrong i told him to leave it off the area behind the rear wheels as theres really nothing to cover the line it leaves and i didnt want that.

base001.jpg

i left and did a few things and met up with my dad as he wanted to see the car. he hasnt seen it in person since the new panels were hung. i think hes more excited than i am. heres a few shots of it with base color only. the panels are really nice and straight. just as they assured me they would be. i worry too much. he was letting it flash and then was going to clear it. it has 4 coats of glasurit color and is getting 2 coats of clear this afternoon. then tomorrow he light sands it and applies 2 more coats of clear. ill go back tomorrow and get a couple once its cleared and see how it looks. but im very pleased with what im seeing up to this point.

base003.jpg

heres my pops admiring it.

base007.jpg

i forget how small these cars are. it looks so little in the booth

base008.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Awesome mate!! I cant wait to see it all done!! Are you still going Panasports or did you sell yours?

Todd

thanks, yes im running panasports

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

stopped over this morning to try and catch it before he started sanding the clear but i was too late. heres a couple shots of karl, my awesome painter, sanding the 2 coats of clear he did yesterday afternoon. theres zero orange peel and karl said it would have been good enough with just the 2 coats of clear for the normal work they do. the body shop manager told him to sand it and do 2 more. these guys are really treating me well. by the way, all the colorado haters at the shop have changed their tune and 3 of them came up today and said after seeing the color on the car they really like it. im glad i wasnt influenced by them but ill admit i was second guessing my choice after hearing them say it was nasty.

sand001.jpg

sand003.jpg

sand006.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com