• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 1602 convertible - top roof cover

Go to solution Solved by Antonis1600cabrio,

Dear friends,

I am trying to finish the top roof cover of my 1600 convertible and my tailor asked me how the cover is ending in the right and left glasses in order to prevent the air coming to the back seats when the roof is closed and the is moving.

I attached the photo and i ask for your help if anyone know how this is working!

Thanks in advance!!!

20240319_175040 - Copy.jpg

A customer's very nice 1600 cabriolet that we restored will be in the shop next week for some minor repairs, I will take a look and post some pictures.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Chris A
---'73 2002tii Chamonix w/ flares, sunroof, 15x7s, LSD, Bilstein Sports w/ H&R springs, upgraded sway bars, E21 Recaros
---'86 Porsche 944 Turbo grey street/track car

---'81 Alfa Romeo GTV6 rescued from junkyard, Lemons Rally/"GT" car

1 hour ago, cda951 said:

A customer's very nice 1600 cabriolet that we restored will be in the shop next week for some minor repairs, I will take a look and post some pictures.

image.jpeg

Thank you very much for your answer, very nice colour too.

Mine will be in Baikal Blue!

If it is possible to have a video too in order to see the mechanism how it folds the cover with the sides windows...

4 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

Here's a video of the convertible top operation on my 1971 BMW 1600 Voll Cabriolet.  I hope it helps!

Mark92131

Dear Mark, thank you very much for your video.

I saw that the cover stek with the side car but if u can tell me if the fabric goes inside the window so it steaks together when it close and open the mechanism.

Thanks in advance,

Antonis

20 hours ago, Antonis1600cabrio said:

I saw that the cover stek with the side car but if u can tell me if the fabric goes inside the window so it steaks together when it close and open the mechanism.

Unfortunately, I sold the cab a couple of years ago.  As I remember, there was an inner layer of the top that was attached to the rear of the side window frame and the outer layer of the top was anchored to the bottom of the window, but just draped over the back edge of the side window.

I hope your tailor can figure it out.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

3 hours ago, Antonis1600cabrio said:

Dear sir, did you find any photos?

I think that jp5Touring was suggesting that you send a PM (private message) to BarneyT to see if he has any photos.  Just hover your cursor over the blue @BarneyT button and select Message.  You might also try @adawil2002 for pictures of his 1600 Cab.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

There is an elbow shaped black plastic trim piece about 14" long that is attached to the window frame by 4-5 screws, and the fabric goes underneath it.  I can send pics but it will take a couple days until I can get to my storage.  I just installed my top last week, and I have a spare top in storage that I can disassemble and take pics for you.  I should be at my storage on Saturday.

• Like 1

'73 2002tii Colorado

'71 1600 cabriolet

'69 1600 cabriolet

I sell floor pans for coupes and 2002's