• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Green 2002's - Inspiration Needed for Color Change

My wife's e46 daily is BMW gray green metallic. It shows differently in different light, for sure, going almost blue in hue in certain light conditions. I find Mintgrun looks different on almost every car -- here's mine in various lighting (and at various points in it's life including 2002 when I bought it in CA).

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

dscn3689.jpeg

IMG_3380.jpeg

IMG_2109.jpeg

IMG_0044.jpeg

• Like 4

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

Whatever color you finally decide on, be sure to shoot some test panels with the various undercoat/primers that the paint will be applied to. White. gray, rust red, charcoal and black are common undercoats/primers/sealers. 

The base for the paint will have an effect on the final color. Shoot the panels, take them out in the sun, shade etc and decide. Rule of thumb is lighter primers for lighter shades, darker for others. Dark greens and blues like charcoal/black. 

As always, it's the owner's choice. 

• Like 3

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

3 hours ago, 70fever said:

Amazon green here.😀IMG_2742_jpg.thumb.jpeg.9e1a23e005c7fa465dbb207460b22aca.jpeg

Unusual colour for, what appears to be, a pre facelift Touring. Normally Agave.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, OldRoller said:

Whatever color you finally decide on, be sure to shoot some test panels with the various undercoat/primers that the paint will be applied to. White. gray, rust red, charcoal and black are common undercoats/primers/sealers. 

The base for the paint will have an effect on the final color. Shoot the panels, take them out in the sun, shade etc and decide. Rule of thumb is lighter primers for lighter shades, darker for others. Dark greens and blues like charcoal/black. 

As always, it's the owner's choice. 

That's great advice.  I actually just watched a YouTube video where a guy sprayed the same base color over 5 different colors of primer.  The difference was significant.  

When I painted my E30 I actually tinted the sealer with the base.  It came out a pretty close match to the original color.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bpeckm said:

Evidently not an original color for the '02's, but the Resedagrün is a lovely color

image.jpeg.66eb25e69919c59653ff0f4c3f815501.jpeg

Resedagrün was available as a color on 1502

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 6:39 PM, Leucadian said:

Not a BMW color, but Porsche PTS Forrest Green Metallic has always been one of my top choices

image.png.5b8d81c8e03370205017a3f7f5dcda08.png

That right there is Agave on steroids! Sweet!

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

On 3/8/2024 at 2:16 PM, LowGas said:

Thinking of Porsche Black Olive Green (can't decide between BOGreeen and voodoo blue). Bmw urban green for reference

blackOliveGreen.jpg

UrbanGreen.jpg

+1 for that black olive green, that would be super kool.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:15 AM, Georges said:

There are plenty of stock colors to retain original value. Florida is particularly interesting if you want something different. Here's my Taiga at sunset (by Maaco!). 

finished 5.jpg

Whoa, gotta go maaco, nice is the the platium lvl ? taped off or all chrome off, and what kinda of lug nuts are those? tia