• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Thread - Rogue Fab's 1972 BMW 2002 Race E10 Resto Mod

RogueFab

On 10/30/2023 at 11:47 AM, Mike Self said:

A roundie is properly a Type 114; if you want to be really technical, IIRC an E10 is the squarelight shell; the Touring is designated 114K.

mike 

Mike,

Please read the pages in the attached file. BMW of North America called all USA '02s from 1966 thru 1976 TYPE 114 in their September 1989 update for the 'BMW Vehicle Identification Manual'. Nowhere to be seen is E10.

I have yet to see a BMW publication that shows E10.

AND, the Touring is E6

BMW Vehicle Identification Manual - part.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

Mike,

Please read the pages in the attached file. BMW of North America called all USA '02s from 1966 thru 1976 TYPE 114 in their September 1989 update for the 'BMW Vehicle Identification Manual'. Nowhere to be seen is E10.

I have yet to see a BMW publication that shows E10.

AND, the Touring is E6

BMW Vehicle Identification Manual - part.pdf 1.93 MB · 3 downloads

Love historical info like this!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 11:41 PM, Streetcar said:

Post 1: Youtube video about how to implement subframes from a vehicle 35 years newer

Post 15: Spreadsheets detailing what to even call the chassis

I'll be tuning into the channel and checking the blog. Keep it up @RogueFab

Your summary is on-point. Cheers ;)

We are calling this one "Episode 2.5" since it isn't super heavy on cool or tech content. We're nearly done with episode 3, which is just about non-stop sparks, cutting, welding, etc. It will be super interesting. Check out the little update and we will keep on moving the build along!

Don't mind the plasma ray run... We didn't take a picture of paint coming out of the gun for a thumbnail...

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

We finally finished Episode 3 of our 1972 BMW 2002 race car build! In this video, we continue fabrication to get the unmodified E46 (~2001 BMW 325i) subframe into our 1972 BMW 2002 racecar project. The coilovers we are using are from a 2019 BMW M4 (F82 chassis). They are JRZ RS2s, which are independent compression and rebound adjustable with dual rate springs and a broad range of dampening settings. We built adjustable camber and caster plates for the highest level of adjustability possible. We had to raise the subframe up 2 whole inches into the stock 2002 frame to get the geometry to be correct at ride height. This was a real "devil is in the details" part of the project. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so a video must be worth a few more ;)

The link to the video is in the first comment. Go check it out. Comment here or on YouTube if you want to encourage us or if you have questions :)

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 1:40 PM, RogueFab said:

I thought you guys would be happy that I didn't make another video thumbnail with a ridiculous expression on my face....

Absolutely am, haha. Off to watch this episode.