• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motive Power Blender hose

djorevich

Mine is 12 years old and the hose crapped out too.  It turned cloudy so I replaced it before it popped.  I don't run fluid through mine.  I just use it to pump air into the reservoir and keep refilling it as the fluid goes down.

I used some blue cloth covered brake hose on mine, since I'd bought a 3' chunk to replace the original hoses on the reservoir.  I still haven't replaced those hoses, but did whip the ends where they were fraying.

Pressure bleeders make bleeding the brakes a fun process.

image.thumb.jpeg.73e1feb9fe79fca4eef0df6db29110f1.jpeg

013.JPG

• Like 7

I am also part of the no fluid gang. Question for you all. Did the stock plastic Motive cap and gasket seal ok for you all? I had to use the gasket from the car's cap in the promotive cap to get it to seal and hold pressure. Took me a while to figure that out.

Maybe I need to throw money at the problem and get one of the trick metal anodized caps like @'76mintgrün'02 has. Worth the upgrade? 

Edited by popovm

I have the aluminum cap and it's worked great, but like others I only use the bleeder for air pressure, not filled with fluid.  I've read too many horror stories on here about the hose popping off or leaking.

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

3 hours ago, popovm said:

I am also part of the no fluid gang.

I'm not even in the pressure bleeder camp.  I use an outside the box engineered anti-reverse flow bleeder, sit in the car and pump away.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

1 hour ago, jimk said:

I'm not even in the pressure bleeder camp.  I use an outside the box engineered anti-reverse flow bleeder, sit in the car and pump away.

Of course extending the piston in the MC past its normal position may lead to premature failure.

;-)

They say!

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

Of course extending the piston in the MC past its normal position may lead to premature failure.

😉

They say!

:D

Bad rumor

Rumor - a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

3 hours ago, jimk said:

Is this a valve built into the bleeder hose?  I've used (a cheap) one of those and it worked pretty well, but I had to get out of the car to move it from bleeder to bleeder and sit back down to pump the pedal each time.  It was exhausting, compared to using the pressure blender.  Join the club, Jim!

The pressure blender works well for the clutch too.  Don't forget to blend the clutch!  I think it needs blending more often than the brakes do, due to the master getting sludged-up.

I blend using shop air, and a low pressure regulator.  a couple of psi later, and all your blending needs are frappe'd.

t

has used gravity in the past.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

25 minutes ago, John_in_VA said:

Thanks, John.  Those are pretty cool.  Coincidentally, at seven bux a pop, they'd cost $56 do do all four corners, which is about what I paid for the Motive.  You'd still have to get in and out of the car six times for the front and two more for the rear, as opposed to simply moving from corner to corner until you're done.  The other nice thing about the Motive is that it can be used on your other cars, as long as you buy, or make a cap for the reservoir.  

Here's the one I made to use on my old Suburban.  The mayo jar withstood the pressure test.

001.JPG007.JPG001.JPG

Hopefully that's enough Motivation to get Jim to join the club.

• Like 1