• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Half Time Report - BMW 2002 Values

pberen

1 hour ago, Mike Self said:

I don't really care what it's worth and don't even think about selling it so long as I'm able to drive...and maybe not even then! 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, well said Mike, it's a shame to see people starting to collect these cars and never drive them in the way they were designed to be driven, Hard and offen, I can no longer drive due to medical reasons but I still have 2 projects and a butt load of parts.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

@pberen  Could you add a column in the table for Sedan and Tii comparison by years showing the sample size for each year?  Number of samples adds a level of confidence.

Edited by jimk
  • Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

1 hour ago, jimk said:

@pberen  Could you add a column in the table for Sedan and Tii comparison by years showing the sample size for each year?  Number of samples adds a level of confidence.

let me consider that for the year end report.  

What I can add is that there are 353 sold vehicles in my 2002 spreadsheet and another 168 in my sold Tiis spreadsheet since I started tracking prices mid-year 2016.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tdh said:

@pberen I’m curious to know if the collector car market as a whole is trending downward at a similar rate to what you’ve tracked for 2002’s? Do you watch other marques as well, or was your research limited to just 2002’s? 

It is trending downward. Cheap cash floated the market. 

• Like 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

This next year or so will be interesting to watch to see if the prices of collector car prices rise or fall, now that most people are beliving that the economy is not going to come apart soon and inflation is starting to trending downward, yes interest rates are up but I would think that most car collectors are not going to finance their cars.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

45 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

car collectors are not going to finance their cars.

Maybe they are finding more lucrative ways to invest their money.

The deep pockets might be reaching the bottom seam.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Don't worry Tom to paraphrase Mark Twain 

In out country wa are plaged with 3 types of liars, listed in order of their offence, we have

Liars 

Dammable liars and

Statiistics.

• Thanks 1

George S Patton 

3 minutes ago, jimk said:

The deep pockets might be reaching the bottom seam.

Very Possible Jim, they play in a different stadium than me.

George S Patton 

It would also be interesting to see the values on Tii's where numbers matched as well - several recent ones did were not #'s matched. Nick's nice 74 that is up is matching and while I like what he's done personally - it will be an interesting data point with all the customizations. Also, Green not impacting value I'd say is a bit misleading. I would be if a nice Tii in Taiga went up like my 73, it would do quite well and change that. Excellent work sir!

• Like 1

1973 2002tii Taiga

1969 2002 Chamonix

8 hours ago, pberen said:

It is always cheaper to buy someone else's completed car vs. DIY.  I stopped counting after my DIY blew past $40k.

Denial is a river in Egypt ;)

But for the real DIY price you need to subtract the cost of the sea cruise you didn't take, and the fancy restaurant meals you skipped because you were getting your entertainment in the garage! add a slight correction factor if you have to pay for a divorce...

• Haha 1

engine small.jpg