• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new carb

D.Troast

I agree that the Weber 38/38 is a fun Carb. Probably runs a little rich with a stock car, but it will put a grin on your face when you hit the fun pedal. I had a Weber 32/36 and then tried the 32/36 with Sync Link. But once I went to the 38/38 I never looked back. One thing to consider is the type of choke. Automatic ( Electrical or Water) or  Manual choke. 

In regards to "Quieter" I am not sure that the Weber will be quieter unless you modify your factory air filter housing (Silencer) to fit the new Weber. 

1 hour ago, Squid's 02 said:

In regards to "Quieter" I am not sure that the Weber will be quieter unless you modify your factory air filter housing (Silencer) to fit the new Weber. 

Right. If anything a larger carb that gives you more pep is flowing more air and fuel. More air = more induction noise. Agreed that keeping the original air filter housing via an adapter is the best bet for keeping it as quiet as possible. Also retains the nice stock look. 

Whether you end up with a Weber 32/36 or 38/38, you'll definitely want to check out our Ultimate Weber Downdraft Linkage System designed specifically for the 2002:

file.jpg
WWW.2002SONLY.COM

It’s finally here! The Ultimate Downdraft Linkage System for your 2002. The System replaces everything from the firewall to the Weber carburetor’s throttle shaft! Throw away your 45-year-old, kludged-up downdraft linkage and replace it with our more robust, more responsive and...

• Like 3

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

I'd recommend a 32/36, honestly, unless you like doing the stoplight dragraces.

It's a better fit at low throttle openings, even though the 38 is a total kick in the pants.

Save all the original stuff- a few like to keep things original, and it has some value,

both historically and financially.

I've only ever seen one original car- and it was a complete disaster.

Everything else has had some form of Weber on it.  Not that some of those

weren't complete disasters, too.

Lotsa info and opinions if you search...

t

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL