• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are we really not going to talk about the Jimmy Hendrix 02?

Leucadian

1972_bmw_2002_vs009-31967.jpg
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: S52-Powered 1972 BMW 2002 5-Speed for Charity at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #110,324.

The artwork has a very specific appeal, but otherwise, this appears to be a very clean build, and for a great cause!

Edited by Leucadian
  • Like 1

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

• Leucadian changed the title to Are we really not going to talk about the Jimmy Hendrix 02?
4 hours ago, Leucadian said:

The artwork has a very specific appeal, but otherwise, this appears to be a very clean build, and for a great cause!

specific to Stevie Wonder? Otherwise a great looking build, who did it? Did the owner see the graphic and decide his loss was a stray dogs gain? Very generous whatever the motivation.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

4 hours ago, NickVyse said:

specific to Stevie Wonder?

Um no, thats supposed to be Jimmy Hendrix, oh , I get it now..A joke right? 

Sold for $51,000 

I like Hendrix but the airbrush art is  a distraction from a cool car and would be a price dropper IMHO

4 hours ago, NickVyse said:

Very generous whatever the motivation.

Titled to an LLC (business) so its a tax deduction, not entirely  a generous act.

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

To me it’s no different than this car:

1975_bmw_2002_1-9-56921.jpg
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1975 BMW 2002 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage...

That color scheme of the blue car above looks absolutely ridiculous to “me.” Way worse than the Hendrix car.  If I were bidding on either I’d be thinking about what my max bid was adjusted for the cost for me to repaint the car. I guess it’s all according to your tastes.  If you get too far into the customization weeds, you pay the price. 

On the other hand, even a correctly restored Golf Yellow car makes me want to throw up in a trash can. Sacrilege to most I know, but I like what I like. I suppose what I’m trying to say is the builders of blue stripey car and the Hendrix car both liked what they like so cheers to them!

Edited by Tdh

4 minutes ago, Tdh said:

To me it’s no different than this car:

1975_bmw_2002_1-9-56921.jpg
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1975 BMW 2002 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage...

That color scheme of the blue car above looks absolutely ridiculous to “me.” Way worse than the Hendrix car.  If I were bidding on either I’d be thinking about what my max bid was adjusted for the cost for me to repaint the car. I guess it’s all according to your tastes. 

Worse than this!? My apologies if the owner or artist is on this forum, but they did Jimmy dirty. 

image.png.d1a17e870d4520a7d0aa3f5905c356cd.png

• Like 2

Ahhh, yes, Mr Hendrix and his 8- string... oud?  Hatchalele?

...and nope, I feel no need to talk about it beyond that.

t

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

7 minutes ago, TobyB said:

Ahhh, yes, Mr Hendrix and his 8- string... oud?  Hatchalele?

...and nope, I feel no need to talk about it beyond that.

t

I can’t believe you looked at it that closely! Bahahaha!

34 minutes ago, popovm said:

Worse than this!? My apologies if the owner or artist is on this forum, but they did Jimmy dirty. 

image.png.d1a17e870d4520a7d0aa3f5905c356cd.png

Man you’re gonna make me be a dick…

I see no difference in terms of being “not right” and kinda silly. I would be equally annoyed driving either one. Honestly, if you made me choose between the two I’d probably pick the Hendrix car. At least I could find some humor in it. 

Edited by Tdh

5 hours ago, TobyB said:

Ahhh, yes, Mr Hendrix and his 8- string... oud?  

Good call! Yemeni oud music actually sounds Hendrix-inspired. Could be all the khat that helps with the vibe... 

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"