• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts for sale section ad proposal

resra

1 hour ago, JohnP_02 said:

I am for anything that is the least amount of work for Steve K., and let be honest here, the problem albeit a minor one, is p enoz. Every forum known to man is flooded with his junk, so it serves no one but him allowing him to spam our forum all day every day in such an inconsiderate manner. I mostly considered him a nuisance until I bought a pair of lights from him that had serious condition issues that he hide in his advertising and then wouldn't take responsibility for. So that is the difference in dealing with an enthusiast and someone only interested in making a profit. I vote to remove them from the forum. Done.

This is an enthusiast forum, even the classified sections. These kind of spam ads for parts readily available in a million other places are not useful and detract from the main purpose of the forum, but this is all just my opinion. 

my prediction is, nothing will be done, this thread will die and enzo05 and 2k2tii will keep spamming the for sale forum

• Like 1

It is clear to me that there are a number of people here who no longer want me to offer anything here. On the other hand, there are many people here who are very satisfied with my ads and with their purchase of lights and other parts. I understand that you are tired of the many ads from lights, but when I see that these ads are viewed a lot, I think there is still interest. I get weekly PMs from people asking about lights. And if you still find it annoying, I suggest you don't open and read them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, enoz05 said:

It is clear to me that there are a number of people here who no longer want me to offer anything here. On the other hand, there are many people here who are very satisfied with my ads and with their purchase of lights and other parts. I understand that you are tired of the many ads from lights, but when I see that these ads are viewed a lot, I think there is still interest. I get weekly PMs from people asking about lights. And if you still find it annoying, I suggest you don't open and read them.

Unfortunately, you are missing (or ignoring?) the point. Go back and read Resra's original post.

• Like 4

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

46 minutes ago, enoz05 said:

what Les said, i didn't see any relevant support for your spam in this thread...just because you get a lot of views doesn't mean we aren't tired of it and it shouldn't stop...you already spam a lot of other forums the same way, with the same stuff

"there are many people here who are very satisfied with my ads", 9 feed backs are not at all relative to your hundreds of posts and bumps and doesn't come close to excusing your spam...and it is still annoying...would you keep doing what you do if it cost you $5, each time you wanted to post a spam thread?....or bump your months old threads

most here are more considerate than you and far more humble so they won't respond to your posts with anything negative...just because they don't say anything nice does not at all mean what you do isn't bad

your response is, "if you still find it annoying, I suggest you don't open and read them"...with that attitude, it appears you aren't willing to meet in the middle or compromise at all...as many here have suggested...but then you have a free meal here, why would you want to?

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 hour ago, esty said:

my prediction is, nothing will be done, this thread will die and enzo05 and 2k2tii will keep spamming the for sale forum

That is a horrible prediction, but I am "ok" with you making that. 

There are now four pages of comments in this thread. A lot of them are beneficial, and some are contradictory.  I have been thinking of what to do with the Classifieds section for a while, and this was a sign that people are thinking the same.

There are some things I do not want to do just yet. I want to keep the classifieds section mostly free for individuals selling and looking for parts.

Things that I can do right now:

• Separate parts into sections similar to our articles.
  • Remove the ability to bump topics in Classifieds.
  • Set up Vendor Forum and only allow paid vendors to post there. (smaller group posts are usually at the top)

Other things will take a bit more time, and I can investigate after the Swap & Show.

Steve 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

2 weeks and then one can bumb. If earlier -> 1 ( or what ever) month time out from the forum. Still don’t get it - ban.

Multiple items - one add. One can always edit when something is sold or there is more to sell.

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

1 hour ago, esty said:

"there are many people here who are very satisfied with my ads", 9 feed backs are not at all relative to your hundreds of posts and bumps and doesn't come close to excusing your spam...and it is still annoying...would you keep doing what you do if it cost you $5, each time you wanted to post a spam thread?....or bump your months old threads

most here are more considerate than you and far more humble so they won't respond to your posts with anything negative...just because they don't say anything nice does not at all mean what you do isn't bad

Not everyone gives feedback. I can tell you that I have had hundreds of satisfied customers over the past 2 years

2 hours ago, steve k. said:

That is a horrible prediction, but I am "ok" with you making that. 

Things that I can do right now:

•  
  • Remove the ability to bump topics in Classifieds.
  • Set up Vendor Forum and only allow paid vendors to post there. (smaller group posts are usually at the top)

Steve...i meant no offense...it was one of those heat of the moment remarks i sometimes make...

i vote for either of the above, that would go a long way in resolving the problem if they can't bump old threads

i'd be interested in a vendor forum for what i do because i've always tried to keep it of the board as much as possible

• Administrators

I am waiting for some software to be completed before deploying it. It is missing the Feedback at this moment. I believe this specific Classifieds software should address a lot of concerns. Standard Forum does not meet the requirements as it is not designed to handle many of these items.  I hope we are about a month away from completion.

Steve k.

Some screenshots:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

A couple comments from a newer user.

- Some sites don't let you post an ad unless you've been a member for "x" amount of time and/or have contributed posts.  The "x" amount of time on the site might remove some scammers who pop up quickly and try to direct you to a "friend" or post someone else's parts for sale

- Some site also don't let you post an ad unless you contribute to the site

Rich

• Like 2

I still think our classified section is one of the best in terms of layout, user friendliness etc. 

I wouldn't change a thing other than 

1. Make all ad placement free of fees for paid subscribing members.

2. For solex members make one ad free a week (In that one ad they can place as many items for sale as they please and update as it sells).

3. If solex users wishes to fillup page with multiple ads then they pay extra for each additional ad. Charge of $5 per ad. 

Again, i'm not trying to corner any particular users. I just want those inconsiderate users to understand that it is not ok to continue doing this to such a beautiful fun platform that was created by enthusiasts for true 2002 fans. And No i'm not for capitalistic mindset to suggest this forum become ebay but I understand what it costs to maintain this site and all the efforts Steve puts through to keep it going everyday, month, year! If $5 from each ad revenue can help him in this overly costly inflated times then I'm all for it (If $5 fee applies for paid members too that is fine also). 

Edited by resra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, resra said:

I still think our classified section is one of the best in terms of layout, user friendliness etc. 

I wouldn't change a thing other than 

1. Make all ad placement free of fees for paid subscribing members.

2. For solex members make one ad free a week (In that one ad they can place as many items for sale as they please and update as it sells).

3. If solex users wishes to fillup page with multiple ads then they pay extra for each additional ad. Charge of $5 per ad. 

Again, i'm not trying to corner any particular users. I just want those inconsiderate users to understand that it is not ok to continue doing this to such a beautiful fun platform that was created by enthusiasts for true 2002 fans. And No i'm not for capitalistic mindset to suggest this forum become ebay but I understand what it costs to maintain this site and all the efforts Steve puts through to keep it going everyday, month, year! If $5 from each ad revenue can help him in this overly costly inflated times then I'm all for it (If $5 fee applies for paid members too that is fine also). 

+1 with some mods :)

Lots of great information here and a great conversation facilitated by Resra.

I too do not like the countless bumping of single item posts in chunks at a time - but I do see value in letting Enoz, 2kTii, and others post in the Sale forum (given guidelines). We as buyers can decide if what they are selling is fair value or not; to each their own on that one.

Esty for example does a phenomenal job of consolidating her items as a group and supports many other questions as well - Others at a minimum can certainly post items in a grouped capacity like she and others do - it is not that hard!

I would suggest based on what Steve has proposed is more easily done and to keep the current feel/look that I and many others like, that the following be actioned and keep it simple:

1. For any non-paying member (Solex) - 1 for sale post per week maximum. This will force them to either consolidate all their items to once weekly or pay. (If Using multiple user names to do this/violate said policy - then draws a forum ban. If posting the same items or duplicate items the following week again to allow the same items to be bumped in subsequent weeks - same ban applies). Similar to what Resra said, but don't have a fee based option - it's a pain to manage and still allows this bombardment from a single source.

2. Bumping if allowed at all (1 time per month per post).

3. Make each page 50 items - longer to come off the main page.

4. For paid members - ad placement is same as Resra said.

Cheers!

• Like 2

1973 2002tii Taiga

1969 2002 Chamonix

But what if I have 2,306 transfer decals and badges to sell? Every other day. 

or 300 fog lights? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com