• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats going on over at Rogerstii?

Dawskip

have been trying to contact them for about a month with some questions regarding some parts. Left a few voicemails / emails and have heard nothing back. Just got a  partial refund back at out the blue for an order i made over a month ago that I received. Anyone else having a hard time contacting them?

EDIT: Felt the need to edit this. 

This was not intended to be a hate post, nor is it in anyway. I love Roger(sTII), I have ordered in the past, and like supporting him and his business. There are some parts I need for my resto that I can easily order fro another vender / site, however I wanted to give my business to Roger. I have tried contacting him for a long time simply trying to inquire when the parts will come back in stock -- get this -- so I can order from him!

I appreciate everyones concern / willingness to stick up for Roger, however I never intended for this to come off as some kind of hate post. Since I was unable to contact him, I wanted to see if anyone in the community knew if he was out of office or dealing with something that prevented him from getting back to me. I am aware of alternative venders and sites, and I know how stressful it can be running a business. 

Edited by Dawskip
Confusion

Just now, autokunst said:

I tried calling them last week and the phone line just rang endlessly.  Never did get a hold of them.  I didn't think much of it, but did place my order with a different vendor.

Same situation. Ordered some floor pans from him about a month ago, got them same week without an issue. Tried calling back the next week to see availability on some parts and its been radio silence since.

If anyone knows where I can buy some fender supports, let me know!

39 minutes ago, esty said:

Steve called RogersTii for me today...Roger said he would call him back in 10 minutes, he did and Steve ordered parts

you guys get too alarmed because of your impatience...don't you realize it makes the vendors look bad when not necessary

I don’t think anyone was out to make the team at Rogers Tii look bad with the original inquiry, but it would be nice to know how communication in that company works, and which method is most efficient between customer and vendor.  

• Like 3

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Rogerstii often sends refunds because their shipping calculator over charges for shipping and they refund the excess. Rogerstii is excellent compared to some other vendors. 

• Like 4

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

48 minutes ago, danco_ said:

I don’t think anyone was out to make the team at Rogers Tii look bad with the original inquiry, but it would be nice to know how communication in that company works, and which method is most efficient between customer and vendor.  

Agreed.  Since I was an early responder to this thread, I feel it is prudent I add some perspective.  I've been a customer of Rogers for over a decade, and I've been happy with orders, prices, service, etc.  I don't know how big they are - do they have a team, or just one guy named Roger in his garage?  No idea.  But I do think that communication is the key to any business large or small.  If you publish a phone number, I feel someone should pick up - or there could be some clever and current message, like "I am away in Aruba this week, but leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I return".  Or a standing message: "please leave a message, but we're backed up and it may take us a few days to call you back".  I feel this alone would have eliminated this thread.  

Regardless, I'll try them again when I need parts they have/offer.  Long live Roger(s).

Stephen Bruns

1968 1600-2  "Stuart"

1973 3.0CS  "Raven"  https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/the-raven-e9-project.26879/

1967 VW Beetle  "Templeton"

1 hour ago, danco_ said:

i've been trying to get in touch with a guy installing a water well for us and he won't answer the phone...what do i do...?

at least Roger has an automated checkout...so what's the need to talk to him personally?...i've bought from Roger as much as any other vendor and have never had an issue...i doubt he want's to or has the time to be phone buddies anymore than i do

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, esty said:

i've been trying to get in touch with a guy installing a water well for us and he won't answer the phone...what do i do...?

at least Roger has an automated checkout...so what's the need to talk to him personally?...i've bought from Roger as much as any other vendor and have never had an issue...i doubt he want's to or has the time to be phone buddies anymore than i do

Not even sure what you're defending at this point. OP voiced his concern about the ineffectiveness of both email and phone call and wanted to understand if there is another, more efficient way of reaching our beloved vendor. 

If I was Roger's Tii and I had accidentally sent out two tii water pumps when the customer ordered a valve cover gasket, I would hope my customer would reach out (herein lies the problem). 

Just pick up the phone or answer an email so the customer doesn't have to keep chasing this minor issue. 

• Like 1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

45 minutes ago, esty said:

The reason for the attempted contact was to see when some parts I was looking to get would come back in stock — as I have had great past experiences with him and would like to order from him again. 

This thread was made to see if anyway was aware if he was out of office or unavailable at the moment. I’m sure he is a great guy but I also do not wish to be phone buddies with him. 

This was not any sort of hate thread, simply wanted to order again, but wanted a timeline for the parts to come back in stock / I’d he had plans to restock what I needed. 

I recently had to call RogersTii for help with my order (something on my end, no issue with them). It did take repeated attempts to get them on the phone, but they were very flexible in splitting my order to ship an in-stock item immediately that I needed more urgently than the backordered item. Not every business has someone sitting by the phone all the time, I've generally had great luck with smaller shops just calling back later. 

Customer service is not what it was a very shot time ago.

I'm waiting on getting a tree cut down since July.

Chimney work since June, he has a deposit.

Also waiting on excavating of back yard that was scheduled for July.

7k to fill in a pool all because people keep throwing car parts in it. ?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

Customer service is not what it was a very shot time ago.

I'm waiting on getting a tree cut down since July.

Chimney work since June, he has a deposit.

Also waiting on excavating of back yard that was scheduled for July.

7k to fill in a pool all because people keep throwing car parts in it. ?

Will you be back charging CD for the pool work??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"