• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC Pulley from 2002AD

Djthom

Hi All

I got an AC pulley from 2002AD for use with my ICEAC kit.  I need to press this onto the hub. 

Can anyone tell me which side A or B goes towards the timing belt teeth and also how far to press it on?

The A side has a relief and chamfered edge which would help start it square on the shaft.  The B side has a sharp shoulder which would serve as a hard stop against the teeth.  So I'm not sure what the intent is here.  

20220707_151042.jpg

I think the idea is to freeze the pully in alcohol and dry ice, and heat the pully before pressing the 2 together. Notice the heat ring on this pully 16572249574045757755812117825417.jpg

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

7 thou would crush the pulley, methinks. Off the top of my butt.

2 or 3 seems more appropriate for a shrink fit onto a casting...

I'd turn down the casting, after making sure that sheave is concentric...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

So I had the pulley machined and pressed on.  The issue I have now is that if the timing belt teeth are aligned, properly, the AC pulley would be recessed into the front cover.  Is modification to the front cover required to fit an AC pulley (the actual front cover, not the plastic cover which I know you have to cut for belt to pass)   can someone post pictures of an AC pulley installed?

9 hours ago, Djthom said:

So I had the pulley machined and pressed on.  The issue I have now is that if the timing belt teeth are aligned, properly, the AC pulley would be recessed into the front cover.  Is modification to the front cover required to fit an AC pulley (the actual front cover, not the plastic cover which I know you have to cut for belt to pass)   can someone post pictures of an AC pulley installed?

You should look at the Behr AC installation instructions posted on this site.  Another recent great resource is Rob Siegel’s book “Just Needs a Recharge” from Amazon.com.   The lower aluminum timing cover will need notching as well as the lower plastic cover.

58561674-A832-46BC-B4B5-76F347D457C9.jpeg

Edited by jgerock
  • Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"