• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E21 Recaro identification help!

Puggie1991

Be careful with those turning wheels for the adjustment of the backrest position (second photo in the trunk). This type of them tends to break faster than you can say "poop".

Best regards,

Lars.

• Like 1

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

The second set don't look different than the Recaros I've worked on.

Is that an E30 slider?  It looks familiar, too, but not E21 familiar.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

On 1/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, TobyB said:

The second set don't look different than the Recaros I've worked on.

Is that an E30 slider?  It looks familiar, too, but not E21 familiar.

t

The second Recaros should supposedly be E24 to me. The extra return spring on the inner, tunnel side hinge was only very rarely used in very late E21s - you´ll find it more often in E24s. Of course I can´t see, if the springs are still present and working on the photos, but the kink on the inner plastic hinge covers points into that direction.

Sliders I don´t know, what car they might be for. But if no "very clever" idiot has whelded them on, just screw them off and put on the ones you need.

The Pirelli Matte on one of the Recaros isn´t original but should stem from some former repair. If it is working, leave it, where it is. If it isn´t anymore, it´ll be no prob to return to the older elastic straps like to be seen on the other Recaro (those look tired though and should be replaced, too), as it still is the old seat frame type.

Best regards,

Lars.

• Like 2

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Yup, I'd buy E24 for that slider, too.  

I've seen both webbing and Pirelli mat from Recaro- altho 

again, I can't remember where, as the E21 version has the

separate webs.  The webs were rubber, if I recall.

t

now wants to dig out the 'Ricardos' again.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Could well be E24 Recaros. 

That was a pretty rare option. Most of the E24 (manual) sport seats were "BMW." and not sourced from Recaro afaik.

https://www.facebook.com/lgtrimming/photos/pcb.3487428154602772/3487427997936121

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:40 AM, LarsAlpina said:

Be careful with those turning wheels for the adjustment of the backrest position (second photo in the trunk). This type of them tends to break faster than you can say "poop".

Best regards,

Lars.

I made a 3d printed part to replace mine.  Didn't try to make it look original at all.  But damned if it doesn't work just fine.

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.