• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual DCOE 40's for a Stock 1975 2002

Labphoto

Not really, in terms of 0-60, top speed, and lap times.

But the grins per mile go up.

Plus, it looks cool.

t

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Plus all above and you'd need to include a bracket in the linkage to accommodate the kickdown cable, that may be easy or hard don't know anyone whos tried. 

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Toby +1.

And FWIW, DCOEs are not temperamental (tune, set and forget). They don’t wander, or vary, or change from one instant/condition to the next. Where any difficulty (with a quality Weber) lies, it’s with that first step…and a good linkage.

Edited by visionaut
  • Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

43 minutes ago, Labphoto said:

The Weber 32/36 was supposedly setup for the Denver area, maybe I need to re-jet for Phœnix?

Denver's altitude is about 5300 feet; what's Phoenix's?  Unless it's close to that, you probably need to re-jet to a richer mixture to take advantage of the thicker air at the lower altitude.  

And those twin DCOEs aren't the best choice for a stock engine mated to an automatic...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

15 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

Denver's altitude is about 5300 feet; what's Phoenix's?  Unless it's close to that, you probably need to re-jet to a richer mixture to take advantage of the thicker air at the lower altitude.  

And those twin DCOEs aren't the best choice for a stock engine mated to an automatic...

mike

1086 feet above mean sea level, Sir

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944