• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Powderwheels Frank Franker — Proceed With Caution!

If you are thinking about entering into a purchase relationship with Powderwheels a/k/a Frank Franker a/k/a Frank Ferens you should go in with your eyes wide open.  I am NOT telling you that you should not buy from him.  I am saying be fully aware of what the terms are.  Essentially, he insisted that I pay the full amount up front via a bank transfer for some wheels.  The representation was that it would take four weeks and that his word was his bond.  Well, it is now many more weeks afterwards and I don’t have wheels, money, or truly any recourse.  Sure, I realized that there was a risk of non-performance by Powderwheels aka Frank Franker but I took the plunge anyway.   It was a stupid mistake.    If someone is selling me something then, within reason, I expect it to be delivered on the terms agreed.  If not delivered, then the seller needs to offer a refund.  But that is not the way it goes with Powderwheels.   I would never again send money in a form that cannot be escrowed or subject to third party scrutiny.  I am collecting information on this business, the aliases used, and contact numbers.  As far as I can tell, nobody has an actual real name for the seller.  He is active on Instagram and Facebook at least.  Apparently he has vanished from prior EBay activity and (reported by others) no long uses PayPal.  If you have information feel free to PM me names, email addresses, physical addresses and telephone numbers used by this business.  I am well aware of those hanging on to the hope that their order will be shipped sooner or later and therefore are hesitant to “upset” the vendor so in a fit of pique he ghosts them and does not ship what they paid to receive.  I am also aware of those who believe that they have been mistreated.  I very much hope everyone gets what they paid for, and the seller is fairly paid for what he proposes to sell.  But I am not at all in favor of being strung along.  Good luck.

• Sad 2

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

I got 2 sets of wheels from him about 4 and 3 years ago, sorry your having problems 

I know he sources cores and then refinishes to spec so that was why he shows' the same wheel multiple times, sorry to hear 

IMG_7236.JPG

3.31.jpg

Edited by chargin

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

Your wheels are awesome.  So are lots of the ones he shows and/or has sold.  My issue with Frank is not telling people the straight story + (and this is a big one) demanding full money up front with no recourse.  No paypal, no eBay, no Venmo.  Then, making what appear to be utterly false promises that “your wheels are almost ready, just polishing them, be ready in two weeks, just some days more, etc., etc.”.   That, in my view, but perhaps not in your view or the view of others, is bad behavior.  Especially when a four-week delivery turns into a 16 week delay with no end in sight, no photos of the wheels in process, just apparent BS.  So, I’m telling people to be really wary and consider the facts.  Totally their call whether to send $$ as part of this deal.

If you have an actual real name for this seller, or an actual real physical address, I’d be grateful if you could PM me.  Thanks! 

• Like 3

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

He owes me USD $1600.00 and it has been over a year and half now....he is a scammer. I got one set from him (with no issues) and the next set - he was never to be seen again.  Now his WhatsApp is disconnected. A complete loser and I have a few local Austrian guys keeping an eye out for him as I am not the only one that got their money stolen.  His photo is below. DM me if you hear from him or know his whereabouts.  His old WhatsApp number was +36 30 537 9995. Thank you.

IMG_2252.PNG

Edited by JWT
add the losers old phone number
  • Like 1

More PMs coming in.  I have had some more communication from Frank or his associates.  I am keeping an open mind and trying to see both sides.  From what I have been told and what others have been told this situation should clarify in two weeks.  I think we have his attention.

The best outcome for everyone is that buyers get awesome wheels from Frank, he gets fairly paid, and the line of communication is clear and not a one-way street for recourse.    Everyone will need to assess their own view.  More to follow.

Edited by Marsattacks
Clarity and update
  • Like 1

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

16 hours ago, Marsattacks said:

Frank messaged me (via FB messenger) that my wheels will be shipped out in two weeks.  This is not the first deadline.  So, the countdown begins again.  I will update good or bad.  

I reached out on Facebook messenger (after you told me he was on there - thank you) and was told that he has covid and was/is in the Hospital - so said a guy named Peter that was on messenger (which I think is actually Frank)....ahhhhh the web that some people weave......

Edited by JWT
  • Like 1

Yes I have received first the Covid hospital line and then the Covid clinic line and all that time he was posting for sale ads on Instagram while saying he was not allowed to use his phone.  Be very cautious with Powderwheels aka frank franker.

The explanation has been that there are at least two people with access to the account and they are trying to keep the business up and running.  I am going to follow a two week period of detente while the situation clarifies because I think we have his attention.  Best course is everyone is happy.

Edited by Marsattacks
Update
  • Like 1

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg