• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sometimes you have to ....... pass

markmac

I thought this was a pretty decent score, even if the Solex' needed working over (and they probably did/do).  Alpina A2/3 set up.  Manifold, carbs, airbox.  EUR 600,00 without shipping.  Seller had no problem shipping it to me (something of a surprise), but wanted Paypal 'friends & family' - insisted on it even after I offered to pay the Paypal fee for the traditional service.  Out.  Hard to say what the deelio is but, not down for the potential of giving away 700 bucks to a stranger.

Alpina A2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, markmac said:

… EUR 600,00 without shipping.  Seller had no problem shipping it to me (something of a surprise), but wanted Paypal 'friends & family' - insisted on it even after I offered to pay the Paypal fee for the traditional service.  Out.  Hard to say what the deelio is

I’m with Dave, and Son of Marty, and wkohler, and… on this: total scam!

1. Much, much too cheap.

2. Of course he’s happy to ship. That’s no extra work if you’re not actually doing it.

3. With payment for services, you can get your money back, so he doesn’t care how much more you’re willing to pay, 5%, 50%, 500%, as he needs to avoid the right to refund.

Good decision to not give him $700!

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

19 hours ago, Conserv said:

I’m with Dave, and Son of Marty, and wkohler, and… on this: total scam!

1. Much, much too cheap.

2. Of course he’s happy to ship. That’s no extra work if you’re not actually doing it.

3. With payment for services, you can get your money back, so he doesn’t care how much more you’re willing to pay, 5%, 50%, 500%, as he needs to avoid the right to refund.

Good decision to not give him $700!

Best regards,

Steve

Oooooooo!!!!  I've been learning about this!  So he "sells" it to MM, collects the money, never delivers.  Then he "sells" it to me because I'm an idiot and think I can make it fit on my car, I send him the money, he never delivers.  Then the same thing with Steve! (Steve thinks he's being nice and buying it for MM after he got scammed on the last one...) All the Failure To Delivers!  Guy makes all the money, never ships anything.  Naked shorts...  Big no no.

The guy I had on the line- I kept telling him I had a buddy 'wherever' he was- primarily because all y'all are all over the place, and to collect on a scam would be worth it.  He was never home.  :(

• Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I wasn't in love with these parts and really have no need for them, other than it seemed like a good deal (obviously too good).  Since I wasn't super motivated to buy and because I know the F&F thing can burn you I was tuned into that.  He sent me a note saying paypal F&F right off the bat.  When I offered to pay the fee on the normal transaction and it was no, needs to be F&F, I sent him/her a friendly note, I am out - sorry, out of free money this week.  Honestly, I think its getting worse and worse out there.

Great self-restraint.   There is a “seller” of wheels who is about to get an international skip-trace put on his name, number, bank accounts and all other known information.  I feel like I’m being scammed so will do my best to burn him down.  

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

2 hours ago, Marsattacks said:

Great self-restraint.   There is a “seller” of wheels who is about to get an international skip-trace put on his name, number, bank accounts and all other known information.  I feel like I’m being scammed so will do my best to burn him down.  

Dude.  List them here.  I've seen here, and on other forums, where the guy is legit but just really bad at communication... And maybe help the rest of keep from getting burned.  And maybe the dude is in Loveland, and me and a couple buddies can go over and say hi.  Ya' know, just sayin'.

• Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Pictures were stolen from an Ebay auction which have been ended severel weeks ago.

I had the same problem with some of my auctions. A lot of my pictures were stolen. 

These guys are looking for high price parts sold on Ebay... than they reduce the price a lot.

All of us want to make a good deal... and than money is lost...

• Thanks 1

That set was sold yesterday or the day before yesterday on the small ads German ebay. It was listed from a guy that was registered 2015 year and with top seller rating. It was sold for an hour or something. So far I have bought many things from Germany and never had issues. And this is with using paypal friends and family. The thing is that in Germany and generally in Europe I noticed that people use more often friends and family. Except the fees the main problem is that if you don't have advanced stage type paypal account, the seller cannot release the received money until the buyer confirms that the package is received (this is why many of the sellers don't agree even if you offer to cover the paypal fees). I mean - it's totally not ok to require from the buyer to send you by friends and family, probably i wouldn't go for this deal either, but I'm just sharing my experience with some German sellers.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

07/73 BMW 2002tii Golf, powered Sunroof