• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable Control Arms, take 2

mttpekin

10 hours ago, 2002iii said:

First of all I'm not trying to stop you or put you down. I'm just offering information and some constructive criticism. I applaud you for making your own parts and offering them to the community.

Thank you and no offense taken at all.

pm'd as to not derail this thread with too much transmission stuff. Will start a thread for that product eventually. 

Thanks,

MP

• Like 1

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

WOW dude, I am amazed at how quickly these have been refined and I love all the details and planning you've built into this endeavor. Well done. Incredibly sad I missed out on the first run. This has been one of the most interesting 7 page reads I've been on in the last couple years.

I'm frying some really stupid fish with my current car but the second I get it rolling again, I'm coming back to look at these. I may have missed it, but do you have a website or something I can bookmark?

• Like 1

31436374517_8d8d287049_o.jpg.2d76303dce729a94519ce58b66156f83.jpg

Thank you all!

I installed on my car yesterday. Feel free to disregard the cleanliness state of the engine. A fairly comprehensive powertrain revision is being penned and parts built/amassed, so this original motor is not long for this car. Also, I bought an auto trans car for the wider tunnel which is fairly nice when installing significantly larger transmissions. 

I timed install and it took me 12 mins per side. I videoed the installation and will soon have an install vid. I'm planning a video of adjusting but that will take a little longer as that means setting up the alignment things in the garage and explaining all of those things..

To all inquiring about site and purchasing, I'll PM you regarding status and provide all information. I'm building a site currently and as soon as it is ok I'll be putting the link here. 

Installed:

IMG_6522.thumb.jpg.4c06df84d5012cd7b1c7311329913ff8.jpg

IMG_6524.thumb.jpg.bac2b96718faafd7591729092d1e97e7.jpg

IMG_6528.thumb.jpg.87b9dc24a80bb7e2ccbc8fafcf6c4e8f.jpg

• Like 4

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

4 hours ago, danco_ said:

Hmm, based on your install, it looks like a set of beefy (factory location) anti-sway bars will fit fine. That is good news. I didn't want to change much on my car, in that department. 

truth. I am going to install a set of thick sways myself in the next couple days. 

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

Hi @M3This

Here's the definitive answer. I've been curious myself..

My product weighs 0.53lb more than the stock each. 

stock: 5.51 lb 

not stock: 6.04 lb 

If this is not acceptable, I will make you a set out of titanium for a 'modest' price increase. haha

Thanks,

Matt 

IMG_6549.jpg

IMG_6547.jpg

IMG_6546.jpg

IMG_6545.jpg

• Like 2

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

@M3This Yeah no problem.

The factory control arms in my opinion are a pretty & elegant solution. Stamped symmetrical sheet metal spot welded into an I beam and a single forged rod are the easy and inexpensive way to mfg 2million pieces and it works. There are a couple compromises you make w/ that setup though..

My product is not as simple in principle but eliminates a lot of the compromises I see w/ the stock arms eg. rigidity, adjustability, and consistency of motion. 

I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm within half a lb of the stock arms while allowing provisions for perfect alignment.

Best

MP

Edited by mttpekin
  • Like 4

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

These look great, @mttpekin - perhaps rules will change and one day they'll be legal in local vintage racing organizations. That said, I've got a resto-mod street car project these belong in.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, mttpekin said:

truth. I am going to install a set of thick sways myself in the next couple days. 

Here's a data point for a 'thick' front sway bar set-up (it's interesting ... not my design or work). -KB

hp34-suspension-front-sway-bar-5.thumb.jpg.d27cc65988598508a840145541b4bb49.jpg

hp34-suspension-front-sway-bar-4.thumb.jpg.8ea9c77020a50b02f9ece21f3e3ca55a.jpg

hp34-suspension-front-sway-bar-6.thumb.jpg.e9e29f737d2f92ce4f0af1a4bcd746fd.jpg

• Like 1