• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

crankshaft bearing oversize

DrA76

From Pelican:

the following part number(s) were only available from BMW's main stock location on the East Coast. 11-21-0-666-100-BOE Main Bearing Set (Standard), Brand: Genuine BMW "

Goes on to inform me that mine wont ship until 15 Jan

Edited by tech71
  • Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

On 1/8/2021 at 6:49 PM, tech71 said:

From Pelican:

the following part number(s) were only available from BMW's main stock location on the East Coast. 11-21-0-666-100-BOE Main Bearing Set (Standard), Brand: Genuine BMW "

Goes on to inform me that mine wont ship until 15 Jan

mine will be shipped tomorrow .

On 1/8/2021 at 4:45 AM, Henna318i said:

I believe that this listing is for a single BMW thrust bearing and not for a complete set of main bearings. I was able to find a set of standard Kolbenschmidt main bearings on ebay.

Well this blows, you are correct. What I received today from Pelican is a single "red" rear bearing shell.

No set about it, half of the rear bearing shell.

I should have known to expect only grief ordering from them, I did know actually but blinded myself with hope.

Its going back of course. Lesson learned? Dont order from people who know less(way less apparently) than you do about the subject matter.

Sigh, back to Ebay I go.

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

And Pelican does not want to accept as return because it was  a special order even though they offered it as an alternate for Glyco set, and their description of this part was also for a set.

I'm not having any luck at all at this point, Not seeing the Kolbenschmidt set you mentioned or the Beck Arnly set I  was watching. May have sold out.

Will check out La Holla Independent, Any one have any other suggestions where a guy might find a set of standard main bearings?Thanks in advance.

This is starting to get annoying.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

1 hour ago, tech71 said:

And Pelican does not want to accept as return because it was  a special order even though they offered it as an alternate for Glyco set, and their description of this part was also for a set.

I'm not having any luck at all at this point, Not seeing the Kolbenschmidt set you mentioned or the Beck Arnly set I  was watching. May have sold out.

Will check out La Holla Independent, Any one have any other suggestions where a guy might find a set of standard main bearings?Thanks in advance.

This is starting to get annoying.

Pelican was bought by Ecs tuning in 2018 and has never been the same since. ECS tuning bought up Turner motorsport in 2015. ECS used to be a mom and pop operation but they were bought by Bertram Capitol and its been down hill ever since. I would not reccomend wasting any of your time or money on them.

If it still a dealer sticker on it you could try returning to a bmw dealer directly.

I like Fcpeuro.com and as far as I can tell they are run by one man who founded the company and not an evil capitol group.

I don't like buying anything that came from a bmw dealer anymore because of the quality going down the toilet recently. The last time I was at a BMW stealership they had a pile of brand new parts that had to be sent back due to manufacturing defects. 

Edited by 2002iii
More info

I like Fcpeuro better than Ecs/Pelican/Turner also but they are out of stock on STD main bearings like everybody else.

IE, Blunt,  W&N, Rogers Ti, Rock Auto, Discount Auto, Ebay, Amazon. 

It's looking pretty bleak.

• Sad 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

5 hours ago, Henna318i said:

There is a listing for a Glyco set (H629/5 std) on ebay for about $90. But the vendor is in Lithuania. I’ve bought a few items from oversea, but always with some apprehension.

I have purchased stuff from Lithuania before with no issues, just ordered 2 sets?

Actually have 2 engines going on over here, 1 for Survivor and 1 for my ex's 71 sunroof in Chamonix.

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

I blame it on the Covid lockdown. I'm willing to bet all the bearings in stock were made pre lockdown and no or very few have been made since. Also since the last m10s were built in 1985 or there about. So making parts for a 35+ year old motor isn't very profitable. Most parts made for our car by BMW are made in small batches on an as needed basis.