• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Weber Accelerator link

WhoIsSea10

I'm currently in the process of installing dual Webers on my 2002. I need help understanding how to link the throttle bar (mounted on top of the intake/carbs) to the actual accelerator linkage. Is there a specific mount that bolts to the firewall to aid in this? Or is it typically done by wire?

Edited by WhoIsSea10

First image was the connecting rod that was bolted to the firewall and swiveled.  It connected to a vertical rod leading down to the pedal box. Now I’m thinking to remove that rod and replace with a wire. (1st image was with the my previous 32/36 weber downdraft.)

965C2119-EE40-4573-917B-CF3F9811704C.jpeg

F36D2C36-1FDD-464A-B51D-A6EDD561C9D3.jpeg

So, if you use the over- bar style like that, just get another carburettor bar, like what you already have,

and enlarge the hole at the end, as orange, below.  Insert peg into it, per arrow, and put a small 

hairpin clip into it, and you're on your way.

On your way to synching the carbs.  a lot.

I found, in your situmification, with that abominimilization of a linkage, that it didn't

like to stay synchronised.  Or rather, one carb didn't like to stay synchronised with the other.

So I took off the arm at the back, and bought a little gizzer that fit between the carbs

(don't remember where- one of the name- brand Weber places)

stuck it in where I've made that green whatsey- hoosit in between, and life got 

a WHOLE lot easier.

just' sayin'.

Search 'DCOE linkage'  for more discussingtons.  www.google.com/ site:bmw2002faq.com "DCOE linkage"

or something equally codish- looking.

t

internet geenyous.

linkages.png

Edited by TobyB
pixy no uploady
  • Like 4

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

yeah, that green bit is the "Inter Connecting Linkage". I know it's supposed to be easier but there's no denying the rod style linkage looks so much nicer. I've heard of people tack welding their rod linkage to prevent any movement. So the kit I got has that "orange" arm (not installed yet) but I don't think it has the reach to connect to the accelerator rod. If i even tried, the rod would rub against the transmission. I think a simple wire might be the best solution.

1 hour ago, TobyB said:

a little gizzer that fit between the carbs

I gots yer pixy right har, Toby... that DCOE throttle linky-gizzer that stays synched. ;-)

It's similar what I run too (I have an old Lotus short lever version). And you can pull it (cable/bar)or push it (bar).  With the over head style DCOE linkage Sea showed, you'd only use one carb arm then...

T2

DCOE Throttle link.JPG

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Or you might just use something that won't require trying to synch the carbs with the intermediate linkage parts.  About half of our sales are to folks replacing the generic over-bar or cable linkage kits.  And our system comes with everything you need from the pedla lever to the throttle shafts.

• Like 5

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

16 minutes ago, halboyles said:

Or you might just use something that won't require trying to synch the carbs with the intermediate linkage parts.

This ^

I’ve used the similar Ti linkage setup for many years with great results. Set it and practically forget it. Sync-ing is a very simple affair with this linkage. 

Ed Z

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

14 minutes ago, WhoIsSea10 said:

even though the price is a little steep

It might seem that way until you install it.  Independent BMW shops really like the system because it takes less than half the time to install, it includes everything needed, it doesn't require any adjustment or maintenance after installation, it looks fantastic, and they get no customer call backs.  If time is money, then this is actually the less expensive solution.

Looking forward to your email.

Hal

• Like 1

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png