• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMWCCA discounts?

golf73

Is there such a thing anymore for parts discount at the dealers for OEM parts, if you are a BMWCCA member?

I need to buy a lot of stuff for golfie's restoration, and can't wait around for wanted ad responses. Otherwise I'll drive down to Pomona and take my pick

Most (but not all) BMW dealers give a CCA member discount--usually 10%.  So do some (again but not all) specialty BMW suppliers.  Easiest way  to find out is just ask--before you pull out your wallet!

mike

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

If you are purchasing from a BMW dealership you should remind them of the discount. Not all dealerships know about the BMW CCA. So be prepared for some pushback.

• Thanks 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Make friends with the parts guys at your closest dealer. I'm lucky and have two reasonably close by. Within 20 miles. They give 20 and sometimes 25% off. One has an online ordering program for diy people and the pricing is usually better than ebay. Sometimes by a lot. Been using this service now for almost a year. Neither dealer even asked about club discounts or seemed to care. Possibly dealer density plays a role in pricing but i mostly buy small stuff. More and more it seems dealers ship too. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with dirving above - establish a relationship with the dealer parts guys. They have to work within whichever matrix their dealership uses, bit have some latitude. My dealer has been able to beat every online price for major hard parts like power steering rack (E30M3) and radiator (also M3), plus, no shipping, no worries about damaged parts, and you're keeping a brick and mortar store working. For a lot of parts, folks like Blunt and Ireland are the best and most knowledgeable, but for some things, it's worth talking to your local dealer's parts counter.

1 hour ago, DavidLMM said:

I agree with dirving above - establish a relationship with the dealer parts guys. They have to work within whichever matrix their dealership uses, bit have some latitude. My dealer has been able to beat every online price for major hard parts like power steering rack (E30M3) and radiator (also M3), plus, no shipping, no worries about damaged parts, and you're keeping a brick and mortar store working. For a lot of parts, folks like Blunt and Ireland are the best and most knowledgeable, but for some things, it's worth talking to your local dealer's parts counter.

Cool, yeah. Thanks David

My local dealer (The BMW Store in Cincinnati) gives CCA discounts on parts AND service for CCA members.  I've even had them combine their online "coupons" for service with the CCA discount.

The parts counters people - I have found them very helpful, too.  I usually go in and deal in person.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI