• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMWCCA 2002 Tip Book

gsmith3

The original only has copyright claims on the tabbed index pages.  The other pages are copyright free.  Heavier paper is used for both the index and the regular pages.  I'm going to drop by Kinko's to see what they would charge to copy the regular pages on punched, heavy paper and I'll get back to everybody.

Copyright.jpg

1st Page.jpg

• Like 6

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

In the mean time here's something to make you cry!  I found this in the pocket of the Tech Tips manual.  These are cheat sheets I created on a typewriter (look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls) when working at Simpson Motorsport in the '80s.  Read 'em and weep.

5-speed Close Ratio.jpg

BBK.jpg

• Sad 2

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

14 minutes ago, halboyles said:

The original only has copyright claims on the tabbed index pages.  The other pages are copyright free.  Heavier paper is used for both the index and the regular pages.  I'm going to drop by Kinko's to see what they would charge to copy the regular pages on punched, heavy paper and I'll get back to everybody.

Copyright.jpg

1st Page.jpg

technically speaking, the copyright covers the whole booklet. but this is for personal use. nobody is reselling these.

Edited by joebarthlow
  • Like 1

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

5 minutes ago, joebarthlow said:

technically speaking, the copyright covers the whole booklet

Probably true and, if so, commercial copiers usually balk at reproducing any copyrighted material even if it is for personal use only.  I'm guessing that they will have no problem reproducing the information pages as there is not any copyright embedded on them.  I plan on taking them out of the manual and handing it to them that way.  We'll see ....

• Like 1

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

4 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

technically speaking, the copyright covers the whole booklet. but this is for personal use. nobody is reselling these.

Yet...

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Where is the end of the line ?

Please put me anywhere in line as long as it's in front of Ray :)

• Haha 2

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

Well, things got a little kinky at Kinkos.  Even without the pages bearing the copyright notice, they wouldn't duplicate the manual for me.  According to them it had "obviously been published and the cover probably had the copyright info on it."  Damn know-it-alls anyway.

So I bought some 32# paper, used their machines in clear violation of copyright code and made 3 copies, duplexed and hole-punched.  There are 80 double-sided pages in the manual.  It cost a total of $94.48 or about $32 per manual.  I did not copy the dividers as they are cardboard pages with index tabs.  They could be copied as regular double-sided pages to insert in a tabbed divider sleeve.  The reverse sides do have some period correct advertising which is fun.

If someone has a cheaper method of duplicating these I can send them one of the copies to reproduce and distribute.  

I am also thinking I could use a high quality scanner to digitize the lot but won't be able to spend time on that right now.

Manual Dividers (2).jpg

Manual Dividers (1).jpg

Edited by halboyles
  • Like 2

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

3 hours ago, halboyles said:

Well, things got a little kinky at Kinkos.  Even without the pages bearing the copyright notice, they wouldn't duplicate the manual for me.  According to them it had "obviously been published and the cover probably had the copyright info on it."  Damn know-it-alls anyway.

So I bought some 32# paper, used their machines in clear violation of copyright code and made 3 copies, duplexed and hole-punched.  There are 80 double-sided pages in the manual.  It cost a total of $94.48 or about $32 per manual.  I did not copy the dividers as they are cardboard pages with index tabs.  They could be copied as regular double-sided pages to insert in a tabbed divider sleeve.  The reverse sides do have some period correct advertising which is fun.

If someone has a cheaper method of duplicating these I can send them one of the copies to reproduce and distribute.  

I am also thinking I could use a high quality scanner to digitize the lot but won't be able to spend time on that right now.

Manual Dividers (2).jpg

Manual Dividers (1).jpg

I'm a designer and have a scanner. I also know my way around the self serve copiers at kinkos pretty well. let me know if I can help. $32 sounds about right for DIY copies. Just color copying the dividers on regular paper would be fine too. either may, I'll take a copy

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)